Fantasy Class Room U2

victory2020

We were in U2 on the Fantasy a couple of years ago. (First, it was not my cabin of choice..I was working for a TA at the time and was accompanying a senior group booking we had. When we got our cabin assignments DH and I were mid-ship and a 90 year-old first time cruiser was in U2 and so we switched with her and room-mate because - after all -we (DH and I) never get sick...NOT!)

Yes, we heard a little stairwell noise but that was not my problem. The weather was very rough heading back to NO and I almost 'lost it'....dinner that is. Let me first say that that I NEVER get sea-sick. I remember (many) years ago when I was 7 months PG with my first and decided to go out on a fishing boat with my husband...this was in the Bronx NY. The captain reiterated several times that I was going at my own risk and that when it got rough - and he assured me that it would - that he was not bringing me in!!! He was right - it was VERY rough - but while many were getting sick, I was fishing up a storm.

Not so in U2....we really rocked and rolled that last night (I found out the next morning that many people had gotten sick!) and I told DH I would never be that far forward on a ship ever again!

That was my U2 experience for whatever it's worth! I imagine that if the seas are calm there would be no problem...a big if on the trek heading back to either Mobile or NO which more often than not has been the roughest day/night of any cruise we've taken.

Yes there is a doorway which leads to a stairwell between the two cabins.

Dave

Which 2 cabins? U2 & U1 or somewhere else? I'm just really paranoid because the last cruise we were on the Splendor in 9260 & were right next to the stairwell & there was noise all night , let alone the noise we could deal with in the daytime.

Which 2 cabins? U2 & U1 or somewhere else? I'm just really paranoid because the last cruise we were on the Splendor in 9260 & were right next to the stairwell & there was noise all night , let alone the noise we could deal with in the daytime.

Both, the door is in between the two cabins. It is the white area that you see on the deck plans.

Dave

I was in cabin u1 on the Ecstacy this past week. I would not book u1 cabin again. There is noise from the room steward getting stuff out of his closet. Also u1 is a smaller cabin then the others because of the shape of the boat because of the point. I really didn't hear anything from the stairwell unless it was the door opening and closing.

I was in cabin u1 on the Ecstacy this past week. I would not book u1 cabin again. There is noise from the room steward getting stuff out of his closet. Also u1 is a smaller cabin then the others because of the shape of the boat because of the point. I really didn't hear anything from the stairwell unless it was the door opening and closing.

Thanks. The room steward room is right across from U1? What about the door to the stairwell? Where is that? I did see the room looked a little smaller. It was noticeable?

Thanks. The room steward room is right across from U1? What about the door to the stairwell? Where is that? I did see the room looked a little smaller. It was noticeable?

The door to the stairwell is in between the two cabins. There are small access doors/closets for the room steward where towels and other things are stored throughout the hallway. The closets/access doors for the room stewards are not on the deck plans. The person was talking about a closet.

The cabin I was in (M2) was LARGER than a regular inside because of the layout of the bathroom.

Dave

U7 has a big room on the Ecstasy. BIL was in that one and it was bigger than ours. I would say they had another 4-5 feet between the wall and the bed. The room steward was getting into his closet starting at 6 am. I don't think I heard noise from the actual stairwell but I did hear that door opening and closing along with the stewards closet. I don't know if the BIL heard anything. I will have to ask him if he did.

U7 has a big room on the Ecstasy. BIL was in that one and it was bigger than ours. I would say they had another 4-5 feet between the wall and the bed. The room steward was getting into his closet starting at 6 am. I don't think I heard noise from the actual stairwell but I did hear that door opening and closing along with the stewards closet. I don't know if the BIL heard anything. I will have to ask him if he did.

Thanks!

Archived