Hotels near the Marriott Biscayne Bay

Mooloo

Hi

We're flying into Florida a couple of days earlier than the cruise & I was wondering if any Miami regulars could recommend a reasonably priced hotel for the middle of November?

The day before the cruise, we will be staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay as part of the deal but when I checked their rates for the Thursday and Friday I need it came to £468.27 :eek:which seems pretty steep for a couple of nights.All suggestions welcome, but convenience when transferring to the Marriott on the Saturday, with easy access (or by transport) to shops and sights would be really good – while I’m asking for the moon, a shuttle to the airport would also be a bonus.

Thanks

:)

Mooloo

Hi

We're flying into Florida a couple of days earlier than the cruise & I was wondering if any Miami regulars could recommend a reasonably priced hotel for the middle of November?

The day before the cruise, we will be staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay as part of the deal but when I checked their rates for the Thursday and Friday I need it came to £468.27 :eek:which seems pretty steep for a couple of nights.All suggestions welcome, but convenience when transferring to the Marriott on the Saturday, with easy access (or by transport) to shops and sights would be really good – while I’m asking for the moon, a shuttle to the airport would also be a bonus.

Thanks

Mooloo

That is a great hotel but I would not want to stay downtown for three nights.

Are you interested in the beach? Try South Beach and take a look at the Doubletree Surfcomber, The Loews, The Raliegh, and The National.

The Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne has a gorgeous beach and you'll be hard pressed to find one as nice in the Caribbean on your cruise.

Want upscale urban Miami? Stay in Coconut Grove or Coral Gables. Look at The Biltmore, The Mutiny, and The Mayfair.

I've got links to all the above in my blog.

Hi

Thanks

Mooloo

Well no downtown Miami hotels have shuttles to/from the airport, but a cab is about $25.

I would double check those rates, that place isn't that expensive. Perhaps a quick phone call to the hotel directly if you're not coming up with something less online. I checked both of the Thursdays and Fridays in the middle of November and I came up with $207 per night for the Thursday & Friday in the 2nd week and $199 per night for the Thursday & Friday in the 3rd week, which is £127 per night and £122 per night.

If you're staying that long though I would really recommend staying in South Beach over downtown Miami. Downtown Miami is okay for a night, but 3 nights there would drive me mad. There's just nothing to do there unless you have a rental car or take a taxi across the causeway to South Beach.

Anyway, there are several other nice nearby downtown Miami hotels. Here are the ones within a mile or so:

Intercontinental... http://www.icmiamihotel.com/

Epic... http://www.epichotel.com/

Hyatt... http://miamiregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Archived