Hump cabin--only choice had; good or bad?

twoatsea

We've never stayed in a hump cabin (#7634) - on TA on Independence. Didn't want guarantee. Without going higher in price, when I called I was told this was the only cabin left in that category, except the ones on the aft & we like midship. I can keep calling & get something else if/when it pops up, but I don't know if this current cabin is a good thing?

Is there noise from the elevators & center hall area?

Isn't our view on one side blocked by the next balcony sticking out?

Looks like our balcony is smaller than a regular balcony?

Won't the room be squashed on the sides - longer & narrower?

Thanks

It's a GREAT location! Although your balcony won't be as deep as an aft, the convenience is more than worth it, IMO!!!!

The cabin and balcony will be the same size as any other side balcony and there's no noise from the elevators/stairs.

It's our preferred location!

It's a GREAT location! Although your balcony won't be as deep as an aft, the convenience is more than worth it, IMO!!!!

The cabin and balcony will be the same size as any other side balcony and there's no noise from the elevators/stairs.

It's our preferred location!

2x that....great cabin and location.... Only thing I would look for is if that same location opens up on deck 8... Oterwise stick with it and enjoy:)

How about that - lucky & didn't know it! But just one more thing - isn't our balcony side view obstructed by the balcony that sticks out beyond ours? You folks know, so I'll keep the cabin & definitely enjoy it, but just curious about the possible obstruction.

Thanks so much for your answers.

How about that - lucky & didn't know it! But just one more thing - isn't our balcony side view obstructed by the balcony that sticks out beyond ours? You folks know, so I'll keep the cabin & definitely enjoy it, but just curious about the possible obstruction.

No, there is just a slight increase in the turn of the Hump and you are still going to be able to see a lot. The cabin next to you does not really stick out and block you.

I think you will be very pleased. :D

We only book a hump cabin. You will love it.

That is all we book also. ;)

I just looked at the ships layout and see what you mean about being obstructed. It will not be obstructed meaning you will see out on both sides. However, you may not see clearly the back of the ship. But if not on the hump you would only see the front or the back. I hope I am explaining this well. If you are in a stateroom before the hump - you will only see the front of the ship and if you are in a stateroom behind the hump you will only see the back of the ship. I only book hump cabins because of the location and being near the elevators.

Yes, as the above poster stated-- it seems that no matter what, your view will be slightly obstructed because of the hump. So, being on the hump is the way to go! I was concerned with it at first, too, then I realized that if I was on a non-hump, the hump will still be there to "block" any sort of view. I think it will be great, though.

Also, if you are located on the fwd side of the hump you are limited to what you can see aft and vice verse from the aft location location looking forward. I was booked in 6340 on Freedom OTS this past January. That is one of 2 cabins located on the apex of the hump. Great views forward AND aft. Would book it again in a heartbeat.. And absolutely no noise from elevators and stairwell as the layout of the cabins are in a separated hall away from both those structure..

Book it!!! You'll love it!

We were on the hump on our recent cruise on Liberty (Cabin 8632). I didn't feel our view was any more obstructed than it would have been if we weren't in the hump (seeing as how the hump is there one way or the other). I thought it was really cool to be able to look to my right and see straight ahead and get a really good look at the water as it crested against the bow of the ship.

I also thought the cabins were perfectly located. If you go up three decks you're at the pool deck and at the Windjammer, Portifino's and Chops. If you go down three decks you're on the promenade. I didn't notice any noise from the hallway. Heck, I was laying down when they were hauling all of the luggage away on the last night and didn't hear a peep. The elevators. It didn't take very long to get anywhere on the ship from where we were.

Archived