Bathtubs and Cookies

jax

Are full bathtubs available in all cabins on Queen Mary II and Queen Victoria?

Or is that a perk just for the more expensive digs onboard?

Most everyone is concerned about the quality and quantity of scones available on these 2 ships. But I've always believed that good pastry chefs are known by their cookies. Once was on a hateful cruise ship whose only redemption was its breakfast bacon and the wonderful cookies. Well my consumption of both, but not simultainously, sure softened the negative aspects on that other cruise ship. How do the Cunard ships rate for quality and availability of their cookies?

Or is that a perk just for the more expensive digs onboard?

Most everyone is concerned about the quality and quantity of scones available on these 2 ships. But I've always believed that good pastry chefs are known by their cookies. Once was on a hateful cruise ship whose only redemption was its breakfast bacon and the wonderful cookies. Well my consumption of both, but not simultainously, sure softened the negative aspects on that other cruise ship. How do the Cunard ships rate for quality and availability of their cookies?

Jax, we are in a B1 cabin which has a shower, I think it is the more expensive staterooms on board that have a bath

Or is that a perk just for the more expensive digs onboard? ...

On QM2 PG cabins have a 3/4 size tub; QG cabins have a full size Jacuzzi tub.

On QM2 PG cabins have a 3/4 size tub; QG cabins have a full size Jacuzzi tub.

Hey Sebastian you forgot about commenting on the cookies.

From your adoring fan club. Jax and Daisy Mae

Hey Sebastian you forgot about commenting on the cookies. ...
Well, as you know, cats just aren't into anything sweet. On board, my sweet tooth is devoted to crystallized ginger and my wife's to chocolate croissants.

The showers are not for claustrophobics, though...

I managed to get in one. But probably only because they've replaced the damn folding doors that the QE2 showers had with curtains which allow for a certain amount of expansion beyond the immediate confines of the shower cubicle itself.

J

Yes, but did you manage to get out, or are you forever wedged in there, like Pooh stuck down Rabbit's burrow, with the stewards using your extremeties as clothes airers?

Mary

Yes, they are quite a tight fit, those showers. I have found it is best just to soap the walls and spin to clean off. I do object to the lurid manner those curtains do cling to one, especially if the balcony door is open. Really ought to be illegal!

Michael

We had a marvellous time, thank you Michael: lovely ship, food, people and itinerary. And not even a tiny vet bill for Sir M:).

The showers are not for claustrophobics, though...

Mary

No vet bill? He's lost his touch then, it would seem. If you'd known in advance, you could have spent those extra BPounds saved on the holiday bill! Give the little fiend a scratch between the ears for me, will you? But not with too much fondness lest he get any ideas.;)

Michael

Ah, cookies!! Unfortunately, not a strong point of Cunard (except for those yummy petit fours in the Princess Grill). Kings Court usually offers cookies, but the variety is limited...standard, chunky chocolate chip cookies with some oatmeal raisin and cranberry/nut combos thrown in every so often. The concept of a delicate, buttery cookie is one they're not familiar with - these are firm, solid, dense cookies. HAL ships offer a wide repertoire of cookies...peanut butter, sugar/pecan, all chocolate, maple, snickerdoodles, etc. Those are worth going back for seconds or saving for an on-deck snack!

SeaMates,

He is a Cat...probably already has ideas.:)

OP: Yes the QV showers are small and the shower curtains like to attack:eek:.

Did not pay a lot of attention to the cookies though. The best cookies I have had at sea were on NCL back in 2003.

Denise

Ah, cookies!! Unfortunately, not a strong point of Cunard (except for those yummy petit fours in the Princess Grill). Kings Court usually offers cookies, but the variety is limited...standard, chunky chocolate chip cookies with some oatmeal raisin and cranberry/nut combos thrown in every so often. The concept of a delicate, buttery cookie is one they're not familiar with - these are firm, solid, dense cookies. HAL ships offer a wide repertoire of cookies...peanut butter, sugar/pecan, all chocolate, maple, snickerdoodles, etc. Those are worth going back for seconds or saving for an on-deck snack!

mmmm cookies.

SeaMates,

He is a Cat...probably already has ideas.:)

OP: Yes the QV showers are small and the shower curtains like to attack:eek:.

Did not pay a lot of attention to the cookies though. The best cookies I have had at sea were on NCL back in 2003.

Denise

Denise,

Yes, all cats are curiously adept at having ideas, usually contrary to their custodian's (keepers, owners, caretakers, serfs, slaves). This cat, Sir Martin, however, has taken the notion of "ideas" to quite another level and one is well warned to keep clear of his schemes. You know those "Nigerian Bank Draft" emails you get? Well, he invented them and is always looking for new ways to part the unsuspecting from their dosh, make no mistake. Anyways, his caretaker, Ms. Mary, is a gentle soul who spends her every waking hour trying to spare us all from his more avaricious ways, but with scant success.

Best Regards,

Michael

Archived