Snacks and Drinks

venusjems

I will be leaving in less than a week on the Carnival Glory with my one year old. If i remember correctly are you not allowed to bring open food off the ship at ports? I am worried about what kinds of snacks I will be able to take for the baby. Any suggestions other than cereal? Can i take cheetos or whatever in ziplocks or is that not allowed?

Also will we be able to take off open bottles of juice?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You can bring "pre-packaged" foods off...like cereal, crackers...stuff like that. No fruits, veggies, plants, raw meats, cheeses..... Cheetos are fine (but not very "healthy"!)

Most ports will have stores/restaurants with things for baby....

I'm pretty sure you can bring juice in a bottle for your child....but why not bring an unopened bottle, just to be safe?

If they find that you're bringing something potentially dangerous to their agriculture/enviroment, you can be fined, detained, arrested......nothing you'd enjoy.

I will be leaving in less than a week on the Carnival Glory with my one year old. If i remember correctly are you not allowed to bring open food off the ship at ports? I am worried about what kinds of snacks I will be able to take for the baby. Any suggestions other than cereal? Can i take cheetos or whatever in ziplocks or is that not allowed?

Also will we be able to take off open bottles of juice?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Food packed in ziplock bags is considered "opened". You can bring commercially packaged foods, but the package has to be sealed. If you're feeding your child cheetos, they do come in small sealed packages for kids lunchboxes, so you should be able to find some in the stores now. There are lots of lunchbox sized foods available right now, including cheese and crackers and other munchies, so for a kid able to eat cheetos, you're likely to find something else also suitable.

Fresh fruit and other agricultural products (like cut up veggies) are a definite no-no. While you COULD be fined, jailed, etc...what most likely will happen is that you'll have to throw away everything in one of the large garbage cans that will be evident at the bottom of the ramp off the ship, monitored by a couple of large security guards.:o

We pick up the packs of lunch box sized snacks that are pre packaged. You can get a large variety of snacks in individual serving sized packs - goldfish crackers, cereal (of course you can just pick up a couple of extra boxes during breakfast on the ship too), single serving juices. Even though our youngest is 7 now we still bring these snack packs on our trips - just in case someone gets the munchies.:D

Archived