Upsell, what is it exactly

momoftwins2

I keep seeing threads about Upsells. By what I gather it, sounds like the cruise line calls you and offers a better rate or an upgrade for a little more money? Am I understanding that correctly?

I am going on my 10th cruise on Oct 8th and I have never had a cruise line call me near the time of my cruise. Are these calls just random from the cruise lines? Or is there something more to it than I realize.

Right when I think I know alot about cruising, I join CC and realize wow there is more and greater things to cruising than I realized LOL:p

This upcoming cruise was booked thru Carnival directly. Which was my 1st time booking thru Carnival directly and not TA, which I did like alot better because we were able to get an upgrade and a price adjustment thru Carnival. I am sure there wouldn't have been price adjustment thru the TA.

Maybe I will get a call :) Does anyone know the # I should be looking for on my caller ID???

I guess mine would be an upsell. I noticed a price drop the day I was making my final payment. I called my TA and asked him to call Carnival about it. When he called me back he said instead of OBC or money off the final payment they upgraded us. We went from an 8C to an Aft balcony 8G. The price difference was $136. I'm thrilled with the upgrade but I guess it really is an upsell since it cost us money.

I sailed my first cruise two years ago with Carnival on the Legend. We booked directly through Carnival and did receive an upsell call. We already had a balcony cabin and they were only offering other balcony cabins, just higher up. We kept our aft cabin and loved it.

We are now booked for Liberty Jan. 30, 2010. I would love to hear any offers they may have for a Cat. 11 Suite but am not holding my breath. I'm just ready to go!!!!

Archived