Do any hotels offer day passes to use their pool?

cruiserkelli

I'll be arriving in Bermuda on 10/12 on the NCL Majesty. I'm travelling with my friend and my parents. My mom has difficulty walking, especially walking more than a few feet or on sand. We are trying to find a hotel on the island that would be willing to let us use their pool facilities as my mom can't walk on the beach. We are willing to pay a fee for that service and are hoping that since it is October and not peak season, that someone will help us. Can anyone advise us? We are willing to take a taxi or ferry anywhere on the island and if necessary to reserve a room overnight, we may do that too but most hotels I've checked with are over $200 per night...a little more than we can afford to spend to lay by a pool for a few hours. Any suggestions? Thanks! Kelli

Kelli,

I hate to say it but I think you're out of luck.

This type of question comes up from time to time on this board and there has never been a place, although people were asking about using all a resort"s facilities not just the pool.

C

Thanks Colette! I should have known that you'd have a good idea. I consider you a pretty good expert on all things Bermuda. I know that years ago (I'm going back at least 10-15 years), we were able to use the pool and beach at Grotto Bay. I didn't even bother to ask them this time because I remember the walk to get to the pool was a bit far and also downhill...which is fine going down but not so great on the return. My mom has been having problems with a bad hip and now what we believe may be sciatica, causing pretty major pain in her leg. I've checked a few hotels and a room night is over $200.00 per night at the cheapest place. Just a bit too much for me just to lay by the pool. I'm going to keep checking though. Thanks again, see ya in a couple of weeks! Kelli

Kelli,

Horse is right about 9 Beaches. Although it's far away, almost over to the Dockyard area, you can get a day pass there, $50 pp. $80 a couple. I would contact them and verify since there's been conflicting info on that. Someone mentioned that they will even provide a ride down to the beach in a golf cart if your mother would like that in addition to the pool.

Thanks for all the suggestions Colette and njhorseman! I really appreciate the insight. I had contacted 9 Beaches about a room rate and it was well over $200 for one night in their least expensive room. I am going to contact them again to ask about a day pass. I will also look into the St. Georges Club...I am familiar with that property. I've been to Bermuda well over 20 times so I know most of the hotels and other than Grotto Bay, have never sought out a day pass at any of them. I'm going to keep checking though. Thanks again for all the help! Kelli

Archived