Why would they do that?

whadyanuts

Doesn't making a new commercial cost bazillions of dollars?

Why then would Royal Caribbean choose to produce a special "Spend your Holiday on Royal Caribbean" commercial rather than just to lower the price of the fares?

I didn't do the calculations, but there are only so many spots available on each holiday sailing so wouldn't it cost less money in the end for Rccl to run the usual commercials and just lower the holiday cruise prices, get the folks onboard then sell them drinks, bingo cards and jewelry to make up the difference?

No matter how nice the commercials, certain folks are "living on the edge" --me included- and just waiting for the price to go low enough to be able to jump on it. I've been watching one particular cruise and with 3 months to go the ship is still 1/3 empty.

Come on Royal Caribbean -- give us an early Christmas Present.----I'll buy lots of drinks.... I promise. ;)

Marketing brings in money...bottom line...a company always has to market to keep thier name above the competition and to always be looking for new customers.

Lowering prices doesn't help raise the earnings....but does force the company to make cutbacks in the product...which then has everyone complaining..

They are trying to entice those who have never been or never thought of a cruise for the holidays, sorry OP you already have the cruising bug they are after those who don't

That is exactly what they are doing. When we were in Cancun last year in May, I must

have seen commercials in Spanish for Royal Caribbean at least a dozen times on the TV

in our room. And not only were they in Spanish, they were completely different ads than the ones they show in the US. Then when we went on the Voyager of the Seas over New Years Eve last year there were huge extended families on board. An amazing amount of these families were from Mexico. One of the employees on board said there were about 700 Mexican Nationals on board. Guess all that advertising pays off.

Colleen

They are trying to entice those who have never been or never thought of a cruise for the holidays, sorry OP you already have the cruising bug they are after those who don't

Bingo. Many threads have talked this one up...why do 1st timers get better upgrades, etc.

Doesn't making a new commercial cost bazillions of dollars?

Why then would Royal Caribbean choose to produce a special "Spend your Holiday on Royal Caribbean" commercial rather than just to lower the price of the fares?

I didn't do the calculations, but there are only so many spots available on each holiday sailing so wouldn't it cost less money in the end for Rccl to run the usual commercials and just lower the holiday cruise prices, get the folks onboard then sell them drinks, bingo cards and jewelry to make up the difference?

No matter how nice the commercials, certain folks are "living on the edge" --me included- and just waiting for the price to go low enough to be able to jump on it. I've been watching one particular cruise and with 3 months to go the ship is still 1/3 empty.

Come on Royal Caribbean -- give us an early Christmas Present.----I'll buy lots of drinks.... I promise. ;)

The cost of making the commercial is a very small percentage of the cost of a commercial. Running the commercial is where the cost is. It doesn't matter on cost the type of commercial as long as it is still a 30 or 60 second commercial.

The cost of making the commercial is a very small percentage of the cost of a commercial. Running the commercial is where the cost is. It doesn't matter on cost the type of commercial as long as it is still a 30 or 60 second commercial.

That's not always true. Shell created

commercial to commemorate Ferrari's 60th birthday, and it really didn't air much at all on TV (at least not the full version). It has been viewed millions of times online at no cost to Shell, though, and this was one of the most expensive ads in history. Not picking, just using this as an excuse to link to a great piece of work :D

But yeah, advertising costs money and marketing is employed to get people to buy your stuff. Who knew?

Archived