Booking In Germany, Transfering To TA In Germany For OBC?

Kitcito

Hello Everyone, let me start off with the details.

1. Booked Equinox 12/14/09 with Celebrity web site in Germany.

2. I'm from Georgia, USA and am living In Germany.

3. Booking Is considered International and unable to transfer to USA TA.

Now for the questions. I tried to transfer the booking to my TA in USA but Celebrity say's it cannot since it's an International Booking. Does anyone have any experience here in Germany with getting OBC from the TA? Can I transfer the booking to a TA in Germany before final payment? And If so how? Do TA's In Germany give any discounts, or perks that I'm unaware of? I know most of you won't be able to help but I've used all my resources and haven't gotten a good answer. Your help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.:D

I am afraid I cannot help you with this booking but perhaps can with future travel. Are you by any chance able to use the US APO mailing system? My bookings, through an APO, are considered US bookings even though made in Belgium.

Sheila.

I am afraid I cannot help you with this booking but perhaps can with future travel. Are you by any chance able to use the US APO mailing system? My bookings, through an APO, are considered US bookings even though made in Belgium.

Sheila.

Sheila,

Thanks for posting so quickly, but I need to plead ingnorance here. What is "US APO mailing"? I'm unfamiliar with this.

Keith

Hi Keith -- Well, that answers my question! This is a systen for US Government and Military Forces stationed overseas. I am sorry I cannot help you. Someone else is sure to weigh in -- lots of kind, helpful people on these boards. Good luck!

Sheila.

Now for the questions. I tried to transfer the booking to my TA in USA but Celebrity say's it cannot since it's an International Booking. Does anyone have any experience here in Germany with getting OBC from the TA? Can I transfer the booking to a TA in Germany before final payment? And If so how?

That´s right, internatinal bookings have different booking numbers, which can´t be found in the computer of the headquarter.

Now for the questions. I tried to transfer the booking to my TA in USA but Celebrity say's it cannot since it's an International Booking. Does anyone have any experience here in Germany with getting OBC from the TA? Can I transfer the booking to a TA in Germany before final payment? And If so how? Do TA's In Germany give any discounts, or perks that I'm unaware of? I know most of you won't be able to help but I've used all my resources and haven't gotten a good answer. Your help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.:D

You booked under German travel rights, i. e.

you need to cancel your booking -

pay the cancellation fee (60 days - 5%) -

make a new booking in the US

because you booked in Euro and now want to pay in US-Dollar.

You can get OBC but only if there are any "specials". But do not expect too much as it's not like in US and UK that you have every week somehow some specials with OBC. But if you are RCI-share holder you can apply for the OBC without any problems.

If the prices drops you can ask for a small nominal fee of 20 EUR (but they already announced to change this procedure) for adjustment of prices.

There are few TA's who are giving some small OBCs or gifts.

Also discounts for 55+ etc will apply but very late for selected sailings.

The best would be if you write me an e-mail (see signature) and I can check on their website if there are OBC's applied.

There are also few advantages to book in Germany:

1. no risk regarding insolvency... So if mother company get bancrupt because too much money spent to OASIS OF THE SEAS... the insurance will cover your paid money. - So do not make any payment until you get the "EU-Sicherungsschein" (EU-Security Police) in your hand.

2. sometimes it's much more cheaper to book in Germany. We paid about 30% less than the published USD-prices for our C2-cat. stateroom on our sailing.

I know it's complicated with them.

We are even unable to book a common table with our US-friends because they paid their cruise in USD and we did in EUR.

Regards,

HeinBloed

There are also few advantages to book in Germany:

I don´t see any advantages into booking with a GERMAIN TA.

It would be the last time I used a Germain TA.

Some of them don´t use lets stay polite- clean ways to assure themselves win!!!

Thanks to everyone for there kind help and information. I've basically decided that it's not worth fooling with so I'm staying put for now. Since I booked this on the Celebrity site from Germany the CC1 cabin were in is still $1,400 cheaper that I can get in the USA. It really blows by mind that the price difference is so great. Thanks again.

Keith:D

For our X Century TA last Dec. we saved around $1200US by booking in Euros with a German online English language TA and got excellent and very polite service. The two of us got an aft FV with a huge balcony for this this 14 night cruise for approximately $600US each at then exchange rate and price was double that in US. We are Cdn and typically book in USD but it doesn't matter to us which currency we booked in as exchange would be involved with either.

For our X Century TA last Dec. we saved around $1200US by booking in Euros with a German online English language TA and got excellent and very polite service. The two of us got an aft FV with a huge balcony for this this 14 night cruise for approximately $600US each at then exchange rate and price was double that in US. We are Cdn and typically book in USD but it doesn't matter to us which currency we booked in as exchange would be involved with either.

Bob,

I have a question, could you email me the online TA you used here in Germany? This would help me in the future when I book other cruises. Below is my email address. Thanks alot.

ksfalconberry@yahoo.com

Keith:D

Archived