? about price drops

beachbum6264

someone asked me this, they are not on here, nor are they computer savvy so I said I would ask....

What if your category is sold out (therefore no price listed), but all the other categories have dropped in price... are you just out of luck? Or do you still get a price drop??? Do they all drop the same (say a $30 price drop in all categories?)

My TA always checks for me, so I didn't know what to tell them.

Thanks!

Well if the category you are in is sold out, there is no price to look at and no way to lower the price because there is no pricing to adjust down to !

But, if there is a higher category selling for a lower price than what you paid for your current category stateroom, you may be able to upgrade at no out of pocket costs.

Well if the category you are in is sold out, there is no price to look at and no way to lower the price because there is no pricing to adjust down to !

But, if there is a higher category selling for a lower price than what you paid for your current category stateroom, you may be able to upgrade at no out of pocket costs.

I wondered if all the others went down a certain amount - like they all dropped $30, wouldn't yours have dropped $30 if some were to come available?

I didn't think about the upgrade, that would be a thought.

Thanks!

Yes, you may be able to get the upgrade if the price is the same or lower than what you booked. In addition, keep watching even more often because someone who is in your same catagory might upgrade, leaving your cat with an opening and then they may reduce your cat. I hope I didn't confuse you. Here is an example that happened to me. I booked an 8A. One time when I checked all 8A's were booked and the other balconys had been reduced, but not as much as I paid for my 8A. I checked again and all of a sudden there was 1 8A showing for less than I paid. I sent the info and got the reduced price.

I wondered if all the others went down a certain amount - like they all dropped $30, wouldn't yours have dropped $30 if some were to come available?

I didn't think about the upgrade, that would be a thought.

Thanks!

When the others have dropped say $30.00, how could they drop your rates too when there were no staterooms available ? And if staterooms in your category become available, there is no way to be assured that the lower fare will be offered at that point. It's just to keep your eyes out on your category stateroom and higher categories too in case there are lower fares that you may be able to capture and/or upgrade to. Good Luck.

Archived