Sun King Restaurant - Freedom

geenafeena

will be on freedom next month. looking for some feedback from the specialty restaurant, Sun King. Is it worth the $30 pp. We did the specialty steakhouse on crown princess and it was well worth the $25 pp. can u order a few appetizers or do they limit you to one each?

thank you!

We were just on the Freedom last week and spent two nights in Sun King - I had the surf and turf the first night and then the lamb the second both dinners were amazing! the chocolate tart for dessert is out of this world and if you are looking for a lighter dessert the apple tart is yummy too.

Funny story - I ordered the apple tart the second night and I started to eat it. It had a small scoop of ice cream on top and I tasted it, thought it tasted different but I wasn't sure. After making my husband and mom taste it we figured it out to be honey mustard flavor. When our hostess came back by I asked her what flavor the ice cream was and she said Mango "something". Well what I had wasn't "mango something"... apparently the chef making the desserts was new and put the wrong thing on my dessert. They offered to make another but I just asked for the ice cream instead. The staff up there had a great laugh about the mix up and so did we.

will be on freedom next month. looking for some feedback from the specialty restaurant, Sun King. Is it worth the $30 pp. We did the specialty steakhouse on crown princess and it was well worth the $25 pp. can u order a few appetizers or do they limit you to one each?

thank you!

The food was good and the service better. As for value it depends on what you are used to.

One appetizer per person.

Hubby and I were on the Freedom 8/23-8/29 and we ate at the Supper Club on the second formal night (since I wanted Lobster again and we would already be dressed up) it was much better in the Steakhouse than it was on the first formal night in the MDR. Hubby did order 2 appetizers but he didn't order a salad...they brought his second app when they brought my salad (which was mixed table side for an extra added flare) we loved it! It is well worth the $30 just to have that extar special service and attention and have a nice quiet dinner at a table with just the 2 of you. We both got the same dessert but we should have each gotten something different so we could try more. Go and have fun...we can't wait to try the Steakouse on the Carnival Dream in April...

Archived