Using Cash For Onboard Expense Account

Jayd45

from RC's website:

We require guests to place a deposit if they are paying for their SeaPass account with cash. There is a $500 daily limit on cash accounts for 7+ night sailings and $300 for 2/3/4/5 night sailings. Once the daily cash limit is reached, we will call the guest and inform the guest that the limit has been reached.

I went on a 4 night cruise and put down $300. I don't think there is a minimum but you have to put down something. If you go over though they just bill you the last night so be careful.

from RC's website:

We require guests to place a deposit if they are paying for their SeaPass account with cash. There is a $500 daily limit on cash accounts for 7+ night sailings and $300 for 2/3/4/5 night sailings. .

So does that mean you can not charge more than $500 per day?

I'm thinking about using a card just to secure the seapass; but probably settling my account in cash at the end of the trip so i don't come home to a big credit card bill

So does that mean you can not charge more than $500 per day?

I'm thinking about using a card just to secure the seapass; but probably settling my account in cash at the end of the trip so i don't come home to a big credit card bill

Samira0207, I have done just what you are thinking about doing since our third cruise and has worked out just fine, I too don't like big bill after I get home. Wishing you fair winds and following seas..

You don't put down any cash up front (on any European sailing I have been on) -they call you when the balance reaches $400 and you pay that off and then start again. I believe on the shorter 3/4 night sailings you do have to put cash down up front. Not enough time to chase you down I guess.

I have never put any cash down either - I thought the limit was $500, but have not tested this.

Started this after another cruise line charged quite a large amount to our credit card two weeks after we arrived home. They wern't our charges and caused us a lot of angst sorting it all out.

If you give them a credit card to "hold" your account, you don't have to put down any cash. At the end of the cruise, you can pay it off in cash, if you wish, all or in part. That way, you don't have to keep "recharging" your account if your bill starts getting too high.

Your credit card is NOT charged daily...it's all done at the END of the cruise.

Archived