Best time to cruise Carribbean?

CRUISING71

Depends on what kind of crowd you want to be around. April is Spring Break time and there will be alot more kids on the ships, same with August since it's summer time and the kids are out of school. November would be more kid free, just depends on how many kids you want around. There are always enough kids to keep your own occupied. November is also cheaper since you miss the spring break/summertime price increases for cruises and airfare

When is the best time to cruise the Carribbean? April, late November (Thanksgiving week) or August?

Due the kids' school schedule...it is the only time we can cruise with them.

Thanks.

Tibbie

I would go for the Thanksgiving idea. Cheaper and cooler temp wise. Have cruised more than a few times at Thanksgiving and really like it....

When is the best time to cruise the Carribbean? April, late November (Thanksgiving week) or August?

Thanks.

Tibbie

Anytime is a good time is a good time, weatherwise. It'll be a little warmer (actually hotter)during the summer months than in winter. It's beach weather all year long.

Thanks.

Tibbie

We like to cruise to warmer climates when it is colder here in New England. We have always cruised in February, except for our last cruise on Liberty. I realized that I prefer to not cruise in the summer. (Though I would if it was my only choice.)

I recommend April. (IMO)

We have been on this cruising kick in January. Always nice to leave a winter environment and wake up in a tropical environment. The weather in the Bahamas can be hit or miss, but if you go further south it is unbelievable. Hard to even think it's winter. We typically go around the MLK holiday. Schools are out and for some reason our school system also has two teacher work days that week. So my kids only miss a day or two of school.

We have cruised in May, October and December. May was early May as soon as our sons were done with college exams - the water in the Cayman Islands was colder than it has been the week before Christmas. We enjoy cruising the week before Christmas. The rates are good and there usually aren't that many kids - parents don't take kids out of school to miss all their Christmas parties/programs. We have also cruised in October and there are very few kids on board and the weather has been wonderful. I would never cruise in the summer - too many kids and the weather is too HOT.

I think my favorite time is March, April, May not that many kids, but enough to keep your kids busy and the weather is usually great. August is very hot and humid and hurricane season can already be going on and November I have only done once and we had rough seas and rainy cool weather, but that can happen in October too.

We like February best also as it is mid-winter back home but perfect in the Caribbean.

Given the time constraints you have, I would pick April first. The weather will be hotter than November but it should also be drier. You will also have an extra hour of daylight in April. Either time will have a ship full of kids, that is standard when schools are not in session.

Decision Decision...if we cruise the Carribbean in April, it has to be April 2011:(. Because we have already booked a cruise for this April 2010:).

I don't mind the kids, since we have kids too. heheheh

But if the weather is cold and the water is cold in November...than I guess I have to settle for April 2011.

Hurricane season officially runs from June through October, down here we say "June too soon, October all over". Typically the tropics are the most active in August and September, and unless you are very flexible with what ports you want to stop at, I would avoid those two months. We have had a couple of very quiet hurricane seasons but that doesn't mean next season won't be extremely active.

Thanks.

Tibbie

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO CRUISING71: August is a lousey time to go to the Carribbean. It is really hot and humid. April isn't bad, but, you run the risk of a lot of kids if it is during spring break. Thanksgiving week may not be bad either. Less families tend to cruise during this time which may be better.

My wife and I don't like cruising with a lot of children on board. They tend to get underfoot and when they get bored they can get obnoxious. I speak from experience.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO CRUISING71: August is a lousey time to go to the Carribbean. It is really hot and humid. April isn't bad, but, you run the risk of a lot of kids if it is during spring break. Thanksgiving week may not be bad either. Less families tend to cruise during this time which may be better.

My wife and I don't like cruising with a lot of children on board. They tend to get underfoot and when they get bored they can get obnoxious. I speak from experience.

I've cruised with just as many obnoxious adults as I have obnoxious children!:D If you don't want to cruise with kids - try to avoid school breaks. When is the best time to avoid NY'rs (LOL - just a joke, don't flame)

I've cruised with just as many obnoxious adults as I have obnoxious children!:D If you don't want to cruise with kids - try to avoid school breaks. When is the best time to avoid NY'rs (LOL - just a joke, don't flame)

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO BaseballMomof4: If you don't wish to cruise with NY'rs then don't go on a cruise from NYC or from Bayonne, NJ. You still might run into NY'rs though. I do try to schedule my cruises when kids are in school. Fewer kids on the cruise. Also, longer cruises tend to have fewer kids. Also, if you go on a premium cruise line also, fewer kids. Some of them are even owned by Carnival.

We cruise November thru January (not every week.........I wish!) mostly to get away from the cold here at home. It is also the slow season with our business and spring-summer is out of the question because of it.

Our kids are grown, so school is not an issue with us, but there are fewer kids in winter on the ship.

We have been on this cruising kick in January. Always nice to leave a winter environment and wake up in a tropical environment. The weather in the Bahamas can be hit or miss, but if you go further south it is unbelievable. Hard to even think it's winter. We typically go around the MLK holiday. Schools are out and for some reason our school system also has two teacher work days that week. So my kids only miss a day or two of school.

Our schools here in Alamance County do the same thing during MLK holiday. It is a perfect time to cruise. I remember this past January at home we had snow and when we got to Miami the weather was 80 degrees. That is the weirdest feeling going from one climate to the other. :)

Archived