Cape Liberty, Bayonne Port Instructions?

manchak99

what should i expect when i get to the port (my first time).......

i see on the port's webpage that there's a facility that actually looks like an airport's waiting area and check in....i was expecting to just get onto the boat!

what is the process?

You arrive at the pier, check your luggage with the porters, proceed into the cruise terminal, get into the check in line, check in, then you will take a short bus ride to the ship. This ride is only a few minutes long. That's how it worked last November.

When you arrive, you will not be right at the Ship area! You will be in a holding area where pax wait to be shuttled over to the pier!

You will drop off your luggage at that holding area, they will transfer your luggage over to the pier! It usually isn't too long of a wait! We get Priority boarding, so I really don't know how fast the other area moves.

We were able to start boarding at 11:20am. The cabins are not available until after 1pm. When the cruise is over, you do the same thing to get back to the holding area! We just walk with our luggage back to the holding area to grab a taxi.

Good Luck!

You arrive at the pier, check your luggage with the porters, proceed into the cruise terminal, get into the check in line, check in, then you will take a short bus ride to the ship. This ride is only a few minutes long. That's how it worked last November.

You forgot park your car at the lot for around $20.00 a day. They do take credit cards.

Guest maddycat
You forgot park your car at the lot for around $20.00 a day. They do take credit cards.

The parking at Cape Liberty is $19 a day. A bargain compared to the NYC piers which are $30 a day.

OP, I'll also add that you will be given a number for your shuttle bus; people who arrive before boarding has begun will be asked to wait in a large waiting area. They will announce the numbers when it is time to board and you will board the buses in numerical order. When we were there, boarding started at 12 noon and not before; obviously there are variables, but that's a rough guide.

Have fun!

Archived