Poll: Are jeans or shorts appropriate for casual night in the MDR?

Are jeans or shorts acceptable in the MDR for casual night?  

1,131 members have voted

1. 1. Are jeans or shorts acceptable in the MDR for casual night?

• Jeans are fine, shorts are not.
    • Jeans are not okay, shorts are fine.
    • Jeans and shorts are fine.
    • Neither are okay in MDR!
    • Heck - I'd wear either on Formal Night!!

I'm fine with shorts and jeans as long as they're not too worn, tathered for girls and not to short, tight, crochy for guys.

I just busted out in laughter at my desk trying to picture a guy in short, tight , crochy jeans! Lol I agree - I wouldn't want to see that either!:eek:

. . . . Shorts were NOT listed as forbidden at dinner and I did see a few men in shorts going into the main dining room for dinner.
No shorts in the ENGLISH part of the sign. However, no shorts is included in the Spanish part. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with clothing. But the Badgers are going to go alright. Go home with their tails between their legs. Mark it down ,this won't be close

Buckeyes 30 Badgers 10. But if I'm wrong I still think jeans and shorts are O.K. on casual nights.

Good job on that football prediction struther1 (actually 31-13). My next prediction is a formal night where everyone dresses in shorts. :)

Good luck in the Half Marathon! I know a lot of people doing them this weekend. I think you'll enjoy the pedi and facial. :)

Bluegirlum thanks for the well wishes the half went great, my best time of the year and the pedi and facial and leg rub down were fantastic.:)

After reading all the replies to your post both pro and con i have made up my mind.On my next cruise it will be black leather jacket with denim gang colours,skull and crossbones bandana,work boots and on formal night i will bathe.As for jeans versus shorts i wll let the weather decide for me shpuld i ever leave the bar.

After reading all the replies to your post both pro and con i have made up my mind.On my next cruise it will be black leather jacket with denim gang colours,skull and crossbones bandana,work boots and on formal night i will bathe.As for jeans versus shorts i wll let the weather decide for me shpuld i ever leave the bar.

I think you would look great.

Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifCasual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for womencon_bulletgray_ico.gifSmart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for womencon_bulletgray_ico.gifFormal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women - Quoted from RCL's website.

Jeans are not mentioned - so no jeans.

OK, by that logic, women are not allowed to wear skirts in the dining room because they are not mentioned either. To keep going with this, on casual nights it only mentioned sundresses or pants for women. Can I wear a dress if it isnt a sun dress? By your logic I can't. Of course, by this logic I would have to go topless if I didn't wear a sundress as I'd only be allowed to wear pants.

OK, by that logic, women are not allowed to wear skirts in the dining room because they are not mentioned either. To keep going with this, on casual nights it only mentioned sundresses or pants for women. Can I wear a dress if it isnt a sun dress? By your logic I can't. Of course, by this logic I would have to go topless if I didn't wear a sundress as I'd only be allowed to wear pants.

From here on out cruising could get really interesting. Maybe that was the plan all along:eek:

I have to unpack 'dem' tops....oucheeeeeeeeeee!

See what happens when rules are followed blinding, which is why they are guidelines for the wise and blind observance of FOOLS.

Finally, it's all making sense now. :D

It could be a dinner AND a show LOL!

Seriously folks, they are called suggested guidelines, they should guide you to make your own decision about what is appropriate. Common sense rules. Of course some people have no common sense, but trust me, you can't regulate them into having it.

It could be a dinner AND a show LOL!

Seriously folks, they are called suggested guidelines, they should guide you to make your own decision about what is appropriate. Common sense rules. Of course some people have no common sense, but trust me, you can't regulate them into having it.

Old unanswered question, Why is it called "common sense" when so few people have it?

Archived