Tour with Victor Bodden

cruisejunkie

I am thinking about taking a tour with Victor Bodden while in Roatan. We (four of us) would be sharing him with 4 others he has already booked. Will he be able to take us someplace to snorkel? What should we expect? Appreciate any feed back. Thanks.

Sun 2/5/05

We are beginner snorkelers...and Victor Bodden took us to the Mayan Princess Resort to snorkel... We walked down the beach to where the reef was just off the beach, and hopped right in!

I've got a ton (too many!) pictures on webshots http://community.webshots.com/user/txlnghrnz to give you an idea of what this "beginner" was able to see! They are located in two Roatan folders. I was amazed (and instantly hooked on snorkeling!)

You should also check out the "Roatan" Port-of-Call forum from the "Forum Jump" drop down list below...that's where I originally read about Bodden Tours.

Be sure to tell Victor that the big family from San Antonio said "hello"...he's terrific!

CruiseJunkie...I bought a mask and snorkel before going on the cruise (boy, do they take up alot of suitcase space!) I got the kind that water couldn't get in to (one less thing to worry about -- I was having enough problems remembering to breath through my mouth, and not my nose!!!)

I'm not sure if there is a place to rent the snorkels -- I'm sure someone else will be able to answer. The snorkeling beach was Tabyana Beach, I believe...and it was awesome! You might ask Victor about snorkel rental, I'm sure he'd know.

Not sure about the beginners scuba either...just not too much help tonight!

But, glad you liked the photos! Want to find a way to sneak back to Roatan for a week... Continental flies there from Houston only once a week (Saturdays), so gotta plan on budgeting a whole week!

We had an island tour from Victor on Jan 4/05 - he was very good. He had a newer dodge caravan for our party of 5, and took us to see the iguana farm and then to the Mayan Princess Resort. His van broke down just about 5 minutes from the Mayan Princess, but luckily a cab came along and took us to the resort. Victor came to pick us up an hour or so later, with another of his vans. He didn't leave us high & dry! The beach at the Mayan Princess is very nice, however there is not much for facilities there. It is not a resort like you'd expect to get in Cancun, Dominican, etc.... there was a tiny little (smelly) washroom where we could change into our bathingsuits. No restaurant that I saw. The island as a whole is very poor and the resorts are not up to Western standards.

• 2 weeks later...

Where there faclities at Tabyana Beach? Are they different that the facilities you spoke of? I want to do the Canopy tour and was wondering if I should use Victor or just book the ships tour to Tabayna and do it there. I receieved an email from Victor saying he could get me on the Canopy tour for $50. What should I do?

Archived