New to Princess...

michigan tim

Just cancelled a NCL Star booking and booked Sapphire for spring break. Last 3 cruises on NCL, 5 prior cruises on RCL(2), Costa(2) and Carnival(1). Really like the laid back NCL Freestyle experience... Liked RCL service... Costa food... Expecting more similarities than differences, but what are the "not to miss" and "things to avoid"? (Not overly impressed with CC Sapphire reviews, but wanted to try something new.)

Thanks

I love the Sapphire. I've been on her three times. I'm assuming that is a Mexican Riviera cruise during spring break?

Don't miss the aft adults only pool. Overlooks the wake and is a great place either day or night. There is a bar back there as well so you can go back there and have a drink and stare out at the sea. Also a couple of tables back there so if you want you can take your Horizon Court buffet meal and eat back there. If you walk all the way through the Horizon court and through the back doors you will be in this area. Love Skywalkers during the day if you want shade and peace and quiet. On Deck 18. At night it is the disco. Love Crooners martini bar - at night for martinis - during the afternoon we went there and had specialty coffees ( ie. coffee with Baileys, etc).

If you are going to Cabo absolutely do the whale watching tour. We do whale watching in California but the differenc is that in Mexico you can get much closer to the whales. It is quite an experience.

Enjoy your time on the Sapphire.

• 1 month later...
I love the Sapphire. I've been on her three times. I'm assuming that is a Mexican Riviera cruise during spring break?

Don't miss the aft adults only pool. Overlooks the wake and is a great place either day or night. There is a bar back there as well so you can go back there and have a drink and stare out at the sea. Also a couple of tables back there so if you want you can take your Horizon Court buffet meal and eat back there. If you walk all the way through the Horizon court and through the back doors you will be in this area. Love Skywalkers during the day if you want shade and peace and quiet. On Deck 18. At night it is the disco. Love Crooners martini bar - at night for martinis - during the afternoon we went there and had specialty coffees ( ie. coffee with Baileys, etc).

If you are going to Cabo absolutely do the whale watching tour. We do whale watching in California but the differenc is that in Mexico you can get much closer to the whales. It is quite an experience.

Enjoy your time on the Sapphire.

We will be on a cruise in mid January and very interested in Cabo whale watching and would like any details you may offer. :pWhat guide did you use and were you pleased with him, info to contact him? What size boat did he use for this experience? How long did the tour last? Is mid January a little early to see whales? How far offshore were the whales?

Archived