Radisson Miami Downtown

suekay

We got this hotel for $35 on Priceline for 12/10/04

We didn't arrive until 11.30pm as our flight from Philadelphia was delayed (I called the hotel from Philadelphia Airport to advise of late arrival, so we were expected)

Check-in was quick and easy, and we needed to leave credit card details for any incidental expenses although the room itself was prepaid.

We were disappointed (as was a large group of young men from Paris) to find that, contrary to Priceline info, there is not 24/7 room service. The restaurants were closed, but the receptionist told us of a fast food outlet over the road. Being three ladies, and having read that the hotel is not in the best of areas for walking out at night, we were reluctant to risk going out at midnight (we had already noticed a large group of youths congregating outside the fast food shop as we arrived at the hotel by taxi) The receptionist gave us the take-away menu and we were able to order burgers etc which arrived within 30 minutes of phoning the shop.

I had emailed the hotel requesting 2 beds. in a non-smoking room .......and this is what we got. I had also requested a room with a view of the port (not really expecting to get this at the rate we had paid) - and were delighted to see the ships when we opened our curtains the following morning. We were only on floor 3, so the view would have been better from a higher floor, but hey! at $35 for 3 people ?!?!!

The room was clean with duvets, tv, coffee maker (but no fridge)

The following morning we took a taxi to Denny's ($10) for the most enormous breakfast and a "taste of America"

I'd have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a precruise stay - especially at Priceline prices

Archived