TP-Cabins on Deck 7 or and which balcony side?

maygoddess

For all the former TP cruisers..can you offer some advice on cabin selection for TP.

We are now considering the Sept 1 sailing and now looking at splurging on a balcony since I just found a great deal. Looks like Deck 8 offers the best pricing probably because it is just below all the activities including the pool area.

How does deck 7 compare to deck 8 as far as noise level, rooms, rocking(prone to seasickness on occasion) and then

Which side of the ship is best to be on? We don't want to be on the side that when you sail in you don't get the initial island view..or does it matter?

Also..is fore or aft better or does it matter.

We have never cruised before so I have no idea what we will like.

Patty

Hi Patty:

We were in cabin 7098 in '03 on our first cruise on the TP. This was a wonderful location!. It's port side, aft. The ship docked on the port side in Raitea and in Papeete. We loved that, so I understand why your asking. There was no noise in the cabin at all. I'm surprised you've found a good deal for deck 8 cabins, since they are all mini-suites. If I had found a "good deal" for one, I'd take it. I think you'll be fine with deck 8 as far as noise is concerned. Our friends were in one and had no problems. We're booked to go again in May and have booked cabin 7100, right next to our first one. Yes, we liked that location very well. ;) The mini-suites for our cruise are going for $300 more per person, which we decided not to do. No need, in our opinion. Regular balcony cabins are just fine.

Have a great cruise! This one is excellent!:D

Hi - Just returned from our TP cruise. We had a balcony cabin on Deck 7 - Port side in the middle of the ship. Had beautiful views of all of the islands as we sailed into port as well as most of the sunsets.

The only complaint I heard about deck 8 was the noise from the running track.

Have fun!!

Hi all! I actually just booked the cruise today because I had to jump on a STEAL of a price online! SHHHHH!! LOL!

I went with Cabin 7063 which is Mid ship and starboard. I pray I made the right choice! Out of the available cabins this one seemed like the best location for us..I didn't want to be too close to elevators but I am also close to the laundry..which if I can pack light enough and wash..I would be happy!

I could have gotten the minisuite for the same price my TA had quoted me for the balcony..and we almost did it..but decided to just do the balcony room since that was a FABULOUS price as well. That money we are saving will go to some excursions and other splurges!

I picked starboard because someone had pictures sitting on their balcony at breakfast as they pulled into Bora Bora and she mentioned she was SB. I assumed that sometimes it would be better to on one side or the other depending on which way they sail in..but hey..I am just happy to be on the ship at all! I would have taken just a deck chair at this point! LOL!!

Hi - Do you mind if I ask you what you paid for your cruise? Also, where did you find the great deal? We just returned and paid $998.00 US for the cruise and $99.00 extra to upgrade to a balcony cabin. I thought that was a tremendous deal. Did you do better?

Thanks.

Omigod, Sandy..I thought my price was a steal..but yours is highway robbery! And you did the robbing!!! LOL!! How the heck did you get $999 per person on this cruise? Last minute? Past passenger? What time of year?

Can you tell me where you found that price???

I also did alot of research, compared a million websites, contacted our local TA, contacted Princess, contacted my parents timeshare company who works with Princess..and the price I got, I was told by local TA, was a steal for this cruise..it was about $600-700 lower than what she said she could get and what I found out there on the internet. She said she would have to give me all her commission and then pay me some more to match it..so she said to go for it. Even her own Princess rep said it was too good of a deal for this cruise..and they assured me that my internet agency was a "mega agent" and known..so I was not going with a fly by night.

Anyway..I know there are many factors into how we all get different prices..but $999(even with $99) upgrade seems incredibly low for this particular cruise..given the smaller size of the ship and from what I hear they usually sail full..I can;t believe they would be giving it away at that price.

Tell us your secret!

sandy...forgot to ask..are you including the port taxes and such in that $999? what was your final price out the door for the cruise portion..

I cannot believe it would be $999 WITH all the taxes and port charges..I will faint!

In looking through stuff for our upcoming sailing on the Tahitian I found a brochure Princess sent us sometime this last year (no postmark or any other way of identifying when it came) It has interior cabins for $999 plus upgrades from $99 (*$99 upgrade applies from interior stateroom cat. K to oceanview stateroom cat. GG and from GG to balcony BD on a space available basis at time of booking.) Govt. fees and taxes additional-space available ,etc. Based on Nov. 13, 23 (04) and Dec 3 and 13 sailings. (sorry I don't know how to scan, that would have been better)

We didn't take advantage of it either.

Hi Chamima! Thanks for some more info..starting to make more sense..sounds like this deal was for a sailing in the wetter seasons and perhaps over holidays which may be less popular? $999 for an interior sounds right for last year's prices..a $99 upgrade to an outside sounds very reasonable..but sounds like Sandy paid $99 for an upgrade to balcony? Still wondering if this includes port taxes, etc..

I just did a search on my online site which is the cheapest I have found anywhere..and put in for Dec 05 and the inside cabin you mentioned was around $895.00 with additional $325.16 in port taxes/fees..so just around $1220. Now that don't mention anything about upgrading for only $99.

I can imagine they would offer terrific deals on this ship for insides because majority of this ship from what I see is balconied rooms or minisuites..so to get bodies in there they lure them in with cheapy insides and if space available upgrade them to a better room..better to have the space filled than empty..

Since I am going in a dryer month (September), I think I got the best price available for this cruise (without any extra discounts like past passenger, etc)

Hi Guys - Sorry for not replying earlier.

The price I got was directly from Princess - A past passenger last minute special. The price of $998.00 was for an Oceanview cabin. Then we paid the extra $98.00 for the upgrade to the balcony. This included port charges and I think we paid an extra $50.00 in taxes.

We only book our cruises about 2-3 months in advance. That is when the best deals come around.

Last April/May, I received even cheaper offers from Princess for August/September sailings on the TP. I believe the prices went as low as $795.00 for an inside cabin with $99.00 upgrades to oceanview. If you are a past passenger, I would definitely join the Princess Circle club and sign up for last minute specials.

This cruise is so terrific, however, it will be worth whatever you paid.

Good luck.

Sandy

Thanks for the update Sandy..makes more sense now..past passenger, last minute...this is what I figured.

Since this is our very first cruise ever..we are not a past passenger..and obviously not last minute.

Bieng the worry wart that I am, I don't know if I could wait until just 2-3 months before a cruise like this to get a cabin. I would be worried about waiting and planning for a specific time, we would be left out..especially since we are not flexible on the dates.

Though...we usually do not plan land trips that far out either. I guess if we really decide we like cruising..we can look at some last minute deals..for this trip..it will be worth the extra $ we paid to guarantee we got on the ship and got a room we liked.

I would love to hear your trip report upon your return..and let us know how you liked your cabin location. I hope that 7063 works for us..my parents have 7073 just a few doors down..

I wanted mid ship and somewhat mid deck for seasickness purposes..I heard the fore and aft roll more..so we avoided being in these locations..who knows!

• 3 months later...

Hi there-

We are booked in cabin 7100 for the 6/3 sailing adn I was wondering upon your return could you advise as I understand this cabin is close to the laundry which I didn't realize before and I wasn't sure if it would be noisy in this area as a result.

Also, I was now advised too, that there is no refrigerator in the cabin-could you advise if you know this or not?

Thanks for the help and please enjoy your cruise!:)

D

Hi Patty:

We were in cabin 7098 in '03 on our first cruise on the TP. This was a wonderful location!. It's port side, aft. The ship docked on the port side in Raitea and in Papeete. We loved that, so I understand why your asking. There was no noise in the cabin at all. I'm surprised you've found a good deal for deck 8 cabins, since they are all mini-suites. If I had found a "good deal" for one, I'd take it. I think you'll be fine with deck 8 as far as noise is concerned. Our friends were in one and had no problems. We're booked to go again in May and have booked cabin 7100, right next to our first one. Yes, we liked that location very well. ;) The mini-suites for our cruise are going for $300 more per person, which we decided not to do. No need, in our opinion. Regular balcony cabins are just fine.

Have a great cruise! This one is excellent!:D

Hi,

We did FP on sister ship Pacific Princess. If the TP docks downtown, both sides get Tahiti views. We had a BC cabin amidships on deck 7 port side. Either side is great for Huahine as you go into a bay (from memory, Maroe)? The ship docks on the starboard side in Raitea but portsiders are more than compensated by having the sail past Tahaa on their side. The ship moves around at anchor in Bora Bora and Moorea so either side is good for those places and the whole cruise. We did not go to Raro on our cruise but did a land holiday there several years ago. Don't listen to those who think it is a wasted trip. It features wonderful people and great beauty. If black pearls or other S.P. items are on your shopping list, buy them there-much cheaper. Deck 8 may be a bit noisier but those mini suites are really nice if you can swing it. The ship does roll some but the only time I felt was in Sabatini's which is on deck 10, probably due to a food overdose! You will love F.P. and the T.P. which is a beautiful little ship. Have fun.

Cheers,

Andy

tbredpure:

Since I've been on this cruise before, and in the cabin right next door, I can answer your questions now.

This cabin, 7100, is just down the hall from the laundry, but is not noisy at all. The reason for that is because there is a hallway door separating the aft cabins from amidship, and was kept closed. Take a look at the deck plan and you'll see. You can view the deck plans of all Princess ships on the Princess website, in case you don't have the book with you. So, no worries here!

As far as a fridge, on this small ship only the suites have them. I'm surprised your agent didn't let you know this, if a fridge is an important item to you. Personally speaking, you really don't need it on this ship. We were never in our cabin very long anyway. Way too much scenery to see and so little time!

You're in for a great cruise! We're looking forward to our's as well - we leave this Saturday to see it all again! :p

Hi

Thanks for the info-I actually checked out Princess again and the deck-plan. Silly of me, but when I read about the laundry room, I was thinking all these people going back and forth and when I looked at the deck plan, I realized it just wouldn't be an issue.

Subject, refrigerators:

We have had a small refrigerator before and I think I just wanted to have the ability to keep h2o, sodas and perhaps some french cheese in the room for the nights we just wanted a quick happyhour snack. I am not going to worry-I can always get ice, if need be.

Many thanks for the speedy reply-I hope that you have a fabulous trip and a safe one too. Happy sails!

I look forward to any tips that you come back with...enjoy!

D :rolleyes:

Hello Tbredpure -

My husband and I will keep the cabin "warm" for you and your's ... :D

(We're not officially honeymooners, but my husband seems to think so. Must be the pre-cruise diet ... ;) )

Happy Cruzin' to you too!

R.

• 3 weeks later...

Tbredpure -

Just back from the TP, and cabin 7100. Yep, you're gonna love it. No noise from the laundryroom - just too far down the hall. Also, while in drydock a couple of weeks before our cruise, they installed mini-fridges in the cabins, along with other new/replaced things on-board. So, you're all set!

Have a GREAT time!! We did, both times now, and have rebooked on-board for another sailing on the TP in '07. :D

R.

You are just marvelous!!! I just checked on line and was so excited when I saw your post. I know you had planned a post-trip and I was hoping to see a post from you before I left tomorrow! My DH and I are meeting in LA and spending the night and then onto the Sheraton for another before we board. I am thrilled that you had such a great time and wasn't the news about the fridges and refurb great? I haven't even gotten there and I am already thinking about re-booking!

I am sorry that you are probably experiencing post trip (sigh*) reality but I hope that just knowing that you made my day will bring it all back. Think 2007!

Thanks again for all of your help and warm wishes! ;) D-

Archived