Need Advice on Beaches Please!

jillmar

DH and I would like to spend the day at the beach in Costa Maya.

I have been reading and there seems to be so many beautiful beaches you can go to. I have read about Nachi Cocom, Maya Luna Hotel, Pez Quadro Beach Club, Nacional Beach Club and Mahahual!!!! They all look beautiful! How do you decide?

We are middle aged and would like a beach with not a lot of little ones (we love them, have two grand-children) but we would prefer a quiet place for us old folks!;) We would also like some options for activities such as wave runners, parasailing, etc.

I know there is shopping at the beach in Mahajual but if we go to one of the beach clubs will we still be able to shop or are they too far away.

Thanks for all your help! Cruise Critic is a godsend!:)

Most of the beach clubs are right along the Malacon, all on the same beach. Its only about 3/4 of a mile long. There are some that are a little ways out of town. If you take a taxi to town you can find a spot very easy. Lots of chairs with shade. You do not have to buy an AI. All they like for you to do is buy a few drinks or food. They will treat you very well.

Check out some phots of our trip. Use the slideshow, upper right.

http://photobucket.com/costamaya09

Thanks so much for your help. My only question is, will we be able to get a spot on the beach if there are two cruise ships there and over 6,000 passengers?? I really want to just get off the ship and walk around to pick a place but I didn't know how crowded it gets. Thanks for your help!:)

DH and I would like to spend the day at the beach in Costa Maya.

I have been reading and there seems to be so many beautiful beaches you can go to. I have read about Nachi Cocom, Maya Luna Hotel, Pez Quadro Beach Club, Nacional Beach Club and Mahahual!!!! They all look beautiful! How do you decide?

We are middle aged and would like a beach with not a lot of little ones (we love them, have two grand-children) but we would prefer a quiet place for us old folks!;) We would also like some options for activities such as wave runners, parasailing, etc.

I know there is shopping at the beach in Mahajual but if we go to one of the beach clubs will we still be able to shop or are they too far away.

Thanks for all your help! Cruise Critic is a godsend!:)

I think Nachi Cocum is in Cozumel so that should help you start narrowing it down......

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Most of the beach clubs are right along the Malacon, all on the same beach. Its only about 3/4 of a mile long. There are some that are a little ways out of town. If you take a taxi to town you can find a spot very easy. Lots of chairs with shade. You do not have to buy an AI. All they like for you to do is buy a few drinks or food. They will treat you very well.

I really enjoyed looking at your photos. Will be in Costa Maya in 12 days. Can't wait to get out of the snow.

Hi!

Welldone if possible could you answer a couple of questions for me.......

1. How much was massages and how long? Also where in Maharal are massages avaible? (Need two one for hubby and me :D)

2. When were the pictures taken?

Thank you for posting the pictures. They are wonderful. We are only ship in port that day and can't wait to explore beaches. Last time we did ruins and spent most of port time in a rather rickety bus.

Don't go to Uvero Beach... aka the "Beach Club"..!!! It is a long ride (about 1/2 hour one way)...and it is VERY, VERY expensive!

Just take a taxi into town, walk the malecon (boardwalk) and stop

when you see an area you like. If it seems crowded, just keep

walking! The further down the malecon you go, the less crowded.

The beach along the whole way is absolutely gorgeous!

• 2 weeks later...

we were in Costa maya on 2/28 & spent the day at Pez Quadro, which we booked thru Costa Maya Tours on line - I would highly recommend it. It's only a $3 cab ride from the ships. Nice little beach & the people & wait staff there are very friendly - we also had a nice lunch on the beach. The area around the 40 cannons Hotel & beach club are pretty run down (from the hurricane a few years back I assume) but don't let that deter you. We also bought some souvernirs from the local vendors instead of at the tourist village. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

Hi!

Welldone if possible could you answer a couple of questions for me.......

1. How much was massages and how long? Also where in Maharal are massages avaible? (Need two one for hubby and me :D)

2. When were the pictures taken?

Thank you for posting the pictures. They are wonderful. We are only ship in port that day and can't wait to explore beaches. Last time we did ruins and spent most of port time in a rather rickety bus.

We were in Costa Maya 2/24/10. After arriving at the port, we took a bus $3pp to Mahauhal where they dropped us off. There are tables all along the beach to get massages. We got a 30 minute massage for $10.00. We were bombarded with people selling us jewelry. Don't settle on the price they offer you. If you keep telling them no, they continue to drop the price. You can get some pretty good deals. We really enjoyed Costa Maya.

we were in Costa maya on 2/28 & spent the day at Pez Quadro, which we booked thru Costa Maya Tours on line - I would highly recommend it. It's only a $3 cab ride from the ships. Nice little beach & the people & wait staff there are very friendly - we also had a nice lunch on the beach. The area around the 40 cannons Hotel & beach club are pretty run down (from the hurricane a few years back I assume) but don't let that deter you. We also bought some souvernirs from the local vendors instead of at the tourist village. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

When we were in Costa Maya, we saw Pez Quadro...it looked very nice!

• 1 month later...
Don't go to Uvero Beach... aka the "Beach Club"..!!! It is a long ride (about 1/2 hour one way)...and it is VERY, VERY expensive!

Just take a taxi into town, walk the malecon (boardwalk) and stop

when you see an area you like. If it seems crowded, just keep

walking! The further down the malecon you go, the less crowded.

The beach along the whole way is absolutely gorgeous!

Malecon (or Malacon): Is this a beach town? How far is from ship dock?

How much is the Taxi going there? We just wanted a nice relaxing day at the beach, with some shopping, food, and drinks without having to pay the all-inclusive (as we are not big on the drinking :)

Is this a good place to hang out??

Really enjoyed your pics. The beautiful beach, where is it? How can we get there?

Archived