meet and mingle

mgmigs

i see the roll call but is there an official "meet and mingle" party like they do on rccl?

If you read it, you will see that they have almost 100 people signed up. It's long, but you can just click on the link below to see the M & G sign up. Give them your names and tell them you want to sign up. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=21389900&postcount=1159

If you read it, you will see that they have almost 100 people signed up. It's long, but you can just click on the link below to see the M & G sign up. Give them your names and tell them you want to sign up. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=21389900&postcount=1159

is this a passenger organized event or a ship organized event?

is this a passenger organized event or a ship organized event?

Passenger organized and NCL provides snacks and coffee, tea, juices... Is this your first time on NCL? The officers will also show up for a group this large. We've had tours of the Garden Villa when available also.

Does it matter how it's organized? Just curious.

Passenger organized and NCL provides snacks and coffee, tea, juices... Is this your first time on NCL? The officers will also show up for a group this large. We've had tours of the Garden Villa when available also.

Does it matter how it's organized? Just curious.

i usually do rccl and they have a ship organized event. they have door prizes and giveaways. i thought ncl had the same. it just seems strange that they would wait for a group to organize on its own.

i usually do rccl and they have a ship organized event. they have door prizes and giveaways. i thought ncl had the same. it just seems strange that they would wait for a group to organize on its own.

Some CC Roll Calls organize their own way of handling prizes as NCL provides none outside of refreshments. A Yankee Swap and door prizes can be tons of fun and the M&G organizers can provide goodies for Roll Call members celebrating anniversaries, birthdays, etc.

RCI does hand out some nice logo prizes at Meet and Mingle events I've attended. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm new to NCL and right now our Roll Call is non-active. If we do organize a group, how do we let NCL that we want to have a meet and mingle.

Also, are there a minimum number of people that have to sign up? Do we set the time and location or does NCL? Someone's review mentioned that theirs was during Sail-Away. That seems like an odd time.

Thanks.

Hi! I'm new to NCL and right now our Roll Call is non-active. If we do organize a group, how do we let NCL that we want to have a meet and mingle.

Also, are there a minimum number of people that have to sign up? Do we set the time and location or does NCL? Someone's review mentioned that theirs was during Sail-Away. That seems like an odd time.

Thanks.

Many groups on the roll call, have an informal get together at sail away. This is not the meet and greet. That is usually held the first sea day around 10 or 10:30 AM, in one of the lounges. Minimum number is 30 per some here on CC. The group leader (normally the one who started the roll call) contacts the group event coordnator to set it up.

Al

Many groups on the roll call, have an informal get together at sail away. This is not the meet and greet. That is usually held the first sea day around 10 or 10:30 AM, in one of the lounges. Minimum number is 30 per some here on CC. The group leader (normally the one who started the roll call) contacts the group event coordnator to set it up.

Al

Thanks for the info. Since we only have 3 people on our thread, if something doesn't change by March, I guess we won't have one. The thread actually has the wrong year in the heading, so maybe I will start a new one and see if we find anyone else.

The review I read did say it was the Meet and Mingle with staff there and all, but we are on the Sky and there are no sea days, so this may be the only time the staff has to do this.

One of our roll call members got ahold of the group events person onboard our ship and got things pulled together. We only have about 22 people in our group.

Thanks. That is good to know. Do you know how they found the contact info for the events person?

Thanks for the info. Since we only have 3 people on our thread, if something doesn't change by March, I guess we won't have one. The thread actually has the wrong year in the heading, so maybe I will start a new one and see if we find anyone else.

The review I read did say it was the Meet and Mingle with staff there and all, but we are on the Sky and there are no sea days, so this may be the only time the staff has to do this.

When are you sailing on the Sky?

If the date is wrong, people will stay away in droves. ;)

Roll calls usually pick up slowly as the date of sailing approaches. There is also a bunch of major holidays coming up that can slow down participation. I think your idea of starting a new one with the correct date is probably the way to go.

Good Luck and have a great cruise.

You just send the Group Event Coordinator an email with your request. . .

Norwegian Sky - groupeventsky@ncl.com

Be sure to include your Sailing Date, Ship's Name, and reservation number. She/he will email back to you.

We have 106 signed up for our M & G this coming week, but it started off slow.

I would definitely start a new roll call with the correct date!

Good luck!

You just send the Group Event Coordinator an email with your request. . .

Norwegian Sky - groupeventsky@ncl.com

Be sure to include your Sailing Date, Ship's Name, and reservation number. She/he will email back to you.

We have 106 signed up for our M & G this coming week, but it started off slow.

I would definitely start a new roll call with the correct date!

Good luck!

Thanks all! I just started the new thread. Maybe the moderators will be able to merge the two threads. There were ever only 2 other people who posted to the first one.

I have the info and will email them closer to our sail date.

Thanks all! I just started the new thread. Maybe the moderators will be able to merge the two threads. There were ever only 2 other people who posted to the first one.

I have the info and will email them closer to our sail date.

I believe we had 20 when I first contacted her. I told her I would give her an update when we were 1-2 weeks away from sailing.

Good luck with the new thread and your M & G!

March 29, 2010. I guess I need to update my siggie since I finally made a decision and booked.

Ah, you'll be on 1 month before us, lucky you! My roll call has one person on it (but I'm not talking to myself so I don't know if that counts:rolleyes:).

Archived