Final Documents Changed trend

Cruishappy@aol.com

Hi Yesterday we received our Documents for our November 30th sailing on the QM However I am rather confused -- In the past the documents were in a lovely wallet like package. They were quite explicit on the information. ie suite assignment, time of arrival and departure, formal nights, itinery. The documents that we received yesterday was more like a brochure. I called my TA and he advised me that this was the way that Cunard was now implementing. I then called Cunard andd they said that what we received was preliminery and that more documents would follow Has anyone else had this occcur???? I would apjpreciate any input that anyone might offer

The documents that you received were the pre-cruise documents. These give you all the information regarding life onboard. The tickets (in a wallet) with your joining instructions arrive 3or 4 weeks before sailing. Bad information from your travel agent. Another example of agents selling a product which they know little about.

Regards

David

Hi Yesterday we received our Documents for our November 30th sailing on the QM However I am rather confused -- In the past the documents were in a lovely wallet like package. They were quite explicit on the information. ie suite assignment, time of arrival and departure, formal nights, itinery. The documents that we received yesterday was more like a brochure. I called my TA and he advised me that this was the way that Cunard was now implementing. I then called Cunard andd they said that what we received was preliminery and that more documents would follow Has anyone else had this occcur???? I would apjpreciate any input that anyone might offer

Dear Cruise happy, presently ( and always subject to change ) its a two step process. You get a nice personalized brochure with information on formal nights, and available excursions a couple of weeks in advance of receiving your ticket wallet with stateroom location and other details, included will be a set of bag tags.

Having said that, every trip seems to be slightly different as they "tweek" the cruise experience.

Best Mike.

We've kept all of our ticket wallets. 20 of them at this point (my wife, kids and I get two for each voyage)! :rolleyes: And my wife has said, "Yes, they're nice but what are you ever going to do with them?" Well, now I know that if Cunard ever do away with them, I'll be able to use the old ones!

That said, I doubt Cunard will do away with such a nice touch.

What I do is take out the luggage labels put them in my passport pro tem and immediately dump the rest of the stuff in the rosy. Nasty plastic things anyway. The joining instructions are useful for first timers I suppose but otherwise it's all uneccessary junk.

Gari

What I do is take out the luggage labels put them in my passport pro tem and immediately dump the rest of the stuff in the rosy. Nasty plastic things anyway. The joining instructions are useful for first timers I suppose but otherwise it's all uneccessary junk.

Gari

I always get confused about which recycle bin to put them in. Plastic? Organic? What about the metal snap? Brings on the vapors.

I always get confused about which recycle bin to put them in. Plastic? Organic? What about the metal snap? Brings on the vapors.

We have only one. We recycle into future archaeological finds. It is called landfill.

Putting it in the recycling bins only increases the travelling time to the landfill.

Gari

You don't look to see who the Master is and then offer a sacrifice of your firstborn if the answer is the one you want? :confused:

You surprise me. :)

You don't look to see who the Master is and then offer a sacrifice of your firstborn if the answer is the one you want? :confused:

You surprise me. :)

As long as he has a bit of paper that says, in effect, that he doesn't drive boats into things on a regular basis I wouldn't care if he was an Orang Outang. Might be more interesting if he was come to think of it. Picture it, there he is in his whites, brachiating along the bridge wing and peeling a banana with his feet as you come into port frightening 7 bells out of the pilot. Priceless.

A Fanciful Gari

As long as he has a bit of paper that says, in effect, that he doesn't drive boats into things on a regular basis I wouldn't care if he was an Orang Outang. Might be more interesting if he was come to think of it. Picture it, there he is in his whites, brachiating along the bridge wing and peeling a banana with his feet as you come into port frightening 7 bells out of the pilot. Priceless.

A Fanciful Gari

You've painted a pretty good picture there. If only.....

Archived