Junior Suite question

Garyorient

As per RCCL's site:

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests Staying in the following suites*:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

thank you Sue, knew Icould rely on you for a quick and accurate response.

Shame the cost of upgradfing to Suite is non-affordable.:(

Apparently we get issued with a Silver Pass. I am excited to see what priveleges these allow.

Silver pass?

I am in a D1 in 2 weeks, afraid to go to even a JS or I won't go back. But my consolation is that I have 9256 on the Brilliance. YIPPEEEEE

this silver card sounds mysteriously exciting.

i am now looking forward to receiving it almost as much as the first taste of honey stung chicken or sailway or even the art auction;)

I love that first sound of the "ding" of the seapass card reader as you are boarding, then I know I am finally on board.

I love that first sound of the "ding" of the seapass card reader as you are boarding, then I know I am finally on board.

Yeah it is a magical sound for sure.

Elizanessie

That's what I thought, but a lady at RCI just told me that the Suite area, whilst on a first come first serve basis is available for use by Junior Suite occupiers.

This is very strange.

Not that it really matters, just most curious.

What are the points about?

After your first cruise on RCCL you can sign up for the Crown and Anchor society and you get points for each sailing and move up levels as you accumulate them and get additional perks. When you get 5 points you go up Platinum and then are eligible for balcony discounts and other perks.

We are in a JS on the Legend in November are there ever the chance of a free upgrade? or even paying for the upgraded service such as the suite lounge access?

Our last cruise with Ocean Village because we had a balcony room on the top deck we were invited to pay $100 each per week for a upgrade to access the lounge benefits and that entitled us to the suite lounge where drinks including champagne were free for a couple of hour each night before dinner, along with canapes and other benefits such as free internet,daily newspapers etc.

We are in a JS on the Legend in November are there ever the chance of a free upgrade? or even paying for the upgraded service such as the suite lounge access?

Our last cruise with Ocean Village because we had a balcony room on the top deck we were invited to pay $100 each per week for a upgrade to access the lounge benefits and that entitled us to the suite lounge where drinks including champagne were free for a couple of hour each night before dinner, along with canapes and other benefits such as free internet,daily newspapers etc.

Upgrades are few and far between. No one can seem to understand who gets them and how they work.

You can not pay for the suite perks. RCI doesn't have that option. You must be in a GS or above to receive the full benefits.

Yeah it is a magical sound for sure.

Elizanessie

That's what I thought, but a lady at RCI just told me that the Suite area, whilst on a first come first serve basis is available for use by Junior Suite occupiers.

This is very strange.

Not that it really matters, just most curious.

RCI lady is wrong.........it is for Grand Suite and above! The suite chair area has a chain across it and it is laid out with different (better) quality sun loungers, they have green padded cushions and I thnk they are the ones from the solarium. IMHO I feel these chairs are in the worst position on the ship, right by the staircase and facing the pool so you get the full brunt of the noise of the belly flop contests and the line dancing lessons :rolleyes: so even if I was in a suite I wouldn't use them!!!

The silver seapass cards look good and have Junior Suite in large letters across them!

Enjoy!

The junior suite is a much bigger cabin with a walk in closet and bathtub. It is a lot cheaper than the Grand Suite which is the next catagory up, but you don't get the perks. We do, however, love our junior suites so much, that we have been booking them for years, and those 2 cruise credits per sailing have added up to Diamond Plus membership with the Concierge Lounge benefits and the other perks - but still, no priority seating.

Archived