Insurance help

alohadad

Has anyone had to submit a claim with "Berkley Insurance" for a loss by not being able to make a cruise due to a Heart Attack ?. One of my family members traveling with us on a up coming cruise had one about 4 weeks before our cruise and we canceled and now were hoping to get our money back. The cruise line refunded us about 25% plus all tax's & fee's. Thanks for the help.

Has anyone had to submit a claim with "Berkley Insurance" for a loss by not being able to make a cruise due to a Heart Attack ?. One of my family members traveling with us on a up coming cruise had one about 4 weeks before our cruise and we canceled and now were hoping to get our money back. The cruise line refunded us about 25% plus all tax's & fee's. Thanks for the help.

Of course call 1800 princess....they will give you the berkely care#.... of course you wiill file an insurance claim with documentation re hospitalization/medical documents to support the claim... Berkely reviews the claim and and will refund in full in the manner that you paid, if it is a covered, medical issue. It is pretty simple once you get he berkely care # which should be in you travel documents, sent pre cruise...if you no longer have these, call princess they are happy to give it out as well as the fax # for faxing documents/claim forms. If you cannot support the medical claim via medical douments then if you purchased pvp you will be refunded 75 perent of any cancellation fees in the form of credit towards a futue cruise...sounds like you were assessed 75 percent.....if you were given back 25 perent... you can still recoup the remainder with a medically approved claim.

Alohadad - I wish your family member a full recovery. I never filed a claim with Berkeley insurance for this type of situation but had to file a claim a few months ago when my mother-in-law passed away while my husband and I were on day #2 of a 10 of a cruise to Alaska (from SFO). The claim was easy to fill out, please be sure to send the paperwork in the mail with delivery confirmation. Berkeley Ins paid the claim for the unsed days plus flight home within 4 weeks of receiving the completed paperwork. If you are not sure on how to respond to any of the questions on the claim, call Berkeley Ins, they will walk you through it (I was over analyzing some of the easy questions)...

Sue from Richmond, CA

Yes, we have submitted a claim with BerkelyCare in April 2008 when I found out I had breast cancer one month before our 30 day cruise to Australia from L.A.

I don't know what the 25% is that you received from Princess, but we received all of our insured fare (100% of the full cost - Princess was handling everything - air, transportation & hotel less the cancellation fees)

The contact info for BerkelyCare is;

Claims Department

300 Jericho Quadrangle

P.O. Box 9022

Jericho, NY 11753

Phone # 800 382-6841 or 516 741-5428

Snowbird

Archived