Insurance help

alohadad

Has anyone had to submit a claim with "Berkley Insurance" for a loss by not being able to make a cruise due to a Heart Attack ?. One of my family members traveling with us on a up coming cruise had one about 4 weeks before our cruise and we canceled and now were hoping to get our money back. The cruise line refunded us about 25% plus all tax's & fee's. Thanks for the help.

Has anyone had to submit a claim with "Berkley Insurance" for a loss by not being able to make a cruise due to a Heart Attack ?. One of my family members traveling with us on a up coming cruise had one about 4 weeks before our cruise and we canceled and now were hoping to get our money back. The cruise line refunded us about 25% plus all tax's & fee's. Thanks for the help.

I haven't but just wanted to ask that you post a follow-up once you receive the answer. This is a question I've always had- does the insurance cover everyone's fare or is it just the fare of the person with the medical issue? I hope your family member is okay.

I will be glad to get the answer confirmed by the OP, but according to my PCC, all immediate traveling relatives/partners will be refunded when using the Platinum level of BerkleyCare insurance if the cruise needs to be canceled.

We travel with my parents who are in their 80's, so we always get the Platinum level. BerkleyCare has covered all of our other medical costs on previous cruises, but it is a bit of a bother to submit the paper work to our insurance, then submit the results to them, then wait for the check to arrive. The good news is, is does eventually get to us.;)

Archived