Costa Question "possibly controversial"

Purrfect

Being an American who has lived in Europe (currently on third country) 7 out of the last 11 years, and who has taken three Costa cruises within the past 5 years, I can honestly say that I do not understand why Costa gets such a bad rap. I can understand how certain Americans who never crossed their statelines might have a problem adapting to the more European flair of Costa, but when I hear travellers who claim that they are open minded and experienced in European ways claim the service and the fellow guests "ruined" their vacation and then they make a general statement such as "don't travel with Costa"!

Their are reasons why I cruise with Costa: 1) best prices among all the major cruise lines; 2) beautiful ships, sometimes a little over the top in decor, but I like the fantasy feel of the ships; 3) I like the international feel of the ship and the passenger; and lastly 4) less "rednecks" (that I can be flamed for if you insist!)

Topless ladies? Unfortunately, only one or two on the ship that I have noticed. Speedos? Some, and I am one of those. Quality of food? Some dishes were excellent, some not, but overall good to very good (I never lost weight on a ship!). Pushy passengers, yes, some, but to be expected when you have 3000 passengers.

I just keep in mind when I vacation..."a bad day on vacation is better than any good day at the office!" Nuff said!

Just so all of you know that I stand behind what I write here. Yesterday I booked my fourth Costa cruise, this time on the new ship Costa Deliziosa for May 2010. The route will be new for me also...the Middle East, out of Dubai. Obviously Costa has been doing something right to get my repeat business, not once, but three times. We also will be traveling with friends who accompanied us on our last Costa cruise, they obviously didn't think the last cruise sucked either!

We were on a MSC cruise a few years ago and they had an animation team on the ship. Controversial because their jokes and antics were fun but, like all comedy, sometimes they may have "crossed the line". I have never cruised on Costa and am hoping they will have an animation team on their ships and specifically the Pacifica. Anybody know??

Archived