18 month old twins

medic-marine

Hello!!

We are going Western RCCL May 30th 2010. We have done this exact cruise before...except this time we are taking our 14 DS 12DS and 18mth twins (boy/girl)

We thought long and hard and decided to take them with us as dad will be just getting home from war and didnt want to be away from them for that long again so soon. So with that said...I need advice/help :)

Our older children will be ok...my concern is the twins. My biggest questions being excursions that they would like? Dinning (they pick your kids up from dinning??) Strollers (do or dont) Babysitters? I have even heard mention of a baby back pack -vs- stroller? I think I pretty much understand the pool situation still being in diapers and the Tots club I think its called. Any info on cruising with toddlers would be REALLY helpful!!

Thank you all so much in advance for your responses

Carina

Definitely bring a stroller..you WILL need it! With Family My Time Dining, the kids get to eat a bit faster, and head off (or be picked up) for AO. The dining room staff is GREAT with little kids!!!!

RCI does offer "in cabin" babysitting...you have to make arrangements in advance.

As far as excursions....I wouldn't plan that around kids that young....they simply won't appreciate them! Whatever you do, try to keep them short...you don't want to have babies on an 8 hour excursion!

Definitely bring a stroller..you WILL need it! With Family My Time Dining, the kids get to eat a bit faster, and head off (or be picked up) for AO. The dining room staff is GREAT with little kids!!!!

RCI does offer "in cabin" babysitting...you have to make arrangements in advance.

As far as excursions....I wouldn't plan that around kids that young....they simply won't appreciate them! Whatever you do, try to keep them short...you don't want to have babies on an 8 hour excursion!

Thank you sooo much!! How about a leash? Hubby hates the idea thinks it pointless. Safety is my #1 issue on excursion...and a leash I think would provide that??

We enjoyed walking around seeing things during excursions...thinking that may be a good idea for the bubs.

They enjoy swimming...so thinking that may be a option to.

I have so much time to plan...but never enough time :)

Archived