Pullman beds safe for small child?

TwoWeebles

yes there is a railing but they have to be 6 years old to sleep there, are they?

DS will be 6 at the time of sailing. I was just noticing that a 4 person room comes with a pull out couch and a 3 person room has a pullman, so it got me to thinking. Most likely, we will be a 3 person cabin unless my MIL decides to come with.

DS will be 6 at the time of sailing. I was just noticing that a 4 person room comes with a pull out couch and a 3 person room has a pullman, so it got me to thinking. Most likely, we will be a 3 person cabin unless my MIL decides to come with.

that is not true all the time, you have to check the little symbol on the floor plan. Some rooms will just have a sofabed, others 1 pullman and 1 sofabed and others 2 pullmans. What is the symbol on your cabin?

that is not true all the time, you have to check the little symbol on the floor plan. Some rooms will just have a sofabed, others 1 pullman and 1 sofabed and others 2 pullmans. What is the symbol on your cabin?

I actually have not booked yet, so that gives me the answer I needed! Thanks!!

Our first cruise was with our 5 and 6 year olds... We were on the Caribbean Princess and had a cabin with 2 upper berths for them. They both had railings and I (an over-protective spaz) felt very comfortable with them up there. We didn't have any issues - they loved it!

Okay, so just to give you a fair idea of what I am looking at... I am looking at booking on the Freedom of the Seas. I want an Ocean View cabin, preferable near center of the ship. Don't care which deck; actually the lower the better probably. I get seasick sometimes, so usually if I sleep center ship and lower, I am okay. I looked at the deck plans and as far as I can tell, the only Ocean Views that have the sofa bed are the Large Ocean View cabins and every one of these are at the very front or very back of the ship and there aren't very many to be had anyway. I think I will probably have to go with a pullman to get center ship.

May I ask why you are saying that?

The original poster said "small child" so I wasn't sure how old the child was.

If the child is 6 then I would say it depends on how mature the little one is.

Does he/she like to climb and jump off things?

Does he/she know how to climb up and down without any help?

I actually thought she was referring to a child younger than 6..

The original poster said "small child" so I wasn't sure how old the child was.

If the child is 6 then I would say it depends on how mature the little one is.

Does he/she like to climb and jump off things?

Does he/she know how to climb up and down without any help?

I actually thought she was referring to a child younger than 6..

You said they weren't safe and said a bunk bed was safer, period, what were you basing that on? Sorry, no one has ever posted an issue with the pullmans and want to know why you feel this way.

You said they weren't safe and said a bunk bed was safer, period, what were you basing that on? Sorry, no one has ever posted an issue with the pullmans and want to know why you feel this way.

Oh, that's simple. The ladder is removable on the pullmans as opposed to be being a part of the bed. Obviously, it's not feasible for them to do that with the pullman.

Oh, that's simple. The ladder is removable on the pullmans as opposed to be being a part of the bed. Obviously, it's not feasible for them to do that with the pullman.

that makes sense thanks for the answer, this is one of the reason we always got the kids their own room adjoining or when they were older across the hall.

My 15 year old son fell out of the top bunk. Mercifully, was not hurt. After that, I slept in it and I don't think I got out of it once without knocking the ladder askew.

To continue with a funny story. Shortly after returning, I went with a girlfriend for our annual unpleasantries with the OB-GYN. I went first. The doctor asked me about some bruises. I told him it was nothing to worry about that I bruise easily. So he goes in to see my friend and starts asking her questions about how I and my husband are getting along. Perplexed, she told him that he was on TDY for two months overseas but even before she had never seen any problems between us and we were very close friends--next door neighbors in fact.

After the appointment, we went shopping. While trying on a bathing suit, I turned around and there was a huge bruise. Really ugly looking. Not the little ones on my legs I thought the doctor was talking about. I had not seen it because our bathroom is such that the tub and toilet are in a separate room from the sink and mirror.

When husband came home, I had some 'splaining to do! I told him he was lucky at APS wasn't coming after him.

Tucker in Texas

Archived