New to Princess - coffee card/soda card questions

tekmnky

Taking my first cruise on Princess (with two sisters) after having cruised only with RCCL and Disney. I don't want to start a debate thread about the quality of the coffee (none of my party are coffee connoiseurs), just have a couple of questions about the use of the card and the soda card.

Coffee card -

1. Is the card INTENDED to be used only by the purchaser or is it available for use by others in the party? Since it's a fixed number of drinks for a fixed price I guessed that Princess doesn't care who uses it - they have their money for a fixed number of drinks.

2. I believe that I read on a different thread that the coffee card was the only way to get hot chocolate. Is that true or did I misunderstand what I read?

Soda card -

1. Do you need a soda card in order to get soft drinks in the dining room/specialty restaurants without additional charge?

2. Does the soda card get you canned soft drinks with a glass of ice or is it fountain soft drinks?

3. Is the soda card INTENDED to be used only by the purchaser? I guessed that it's an unlimited offer so Princess doesn't want to be giving unlimited soda to everyone in the party for one price and they expect that only the purchaser uses the card. So, each individual needs to purchase their own (that's the way it works on RCCL). Is this assumption correct?

Thanks to anyone who can give me some guidance!! Just trying to figure out how many of each type I need to purchase.

Coffee - Coffee card can be shared by two or more people.

Soda -

1. Soda is not included with meals, so there is a charge ($1.95??) if you dn't have a soda sticker.

2. Soda sticker does not include cans or room service. It must be a fountain drink.

3. The soda sticker is attached to a cruise card and only used by that person.

Coffee - Coffee card can be shared by two or more people.

Soda -

1. Soda is not included with meals, so there is a charge ($1.95??) if you dn't have a soda sticker.

2. Soda sticker does not include cans or room service. It must be a fountain drink.

3. The soda sticker is attached to a cruise card and only used by that person.

The soda sticker is for the person whos card it is on.

You don't need a sticker anywhere to buy a soda individually.

paul929207 and Colo Cruiser - thanks to both of you for the quick response. Both answers provided the info I expected, so thanks!

Does anyone know if the coffee card is needed to get hot chocolate onboard?

paul929207 and Colo Cruiser - thanks to both of you for the quick response. Both answers provided the info I expected, so thanks!

Does anyone know if the coffee card is needed to get hot chocolate onboard?

I don't drink hot chocolate much, so I am not sure. That said, I believe the coffee card includes unlimited free hot chocolate as long as you have at least one punch left on the card.

You can also purchase hot chocolate if you don't have a card.

I don't drink hot chocolate much, so I am not sure. That said, I believe the coffee card includes unlimited free hot chocolate as long as you have at least one punch left on the card.

You can also purchase hot chocolate if you don't have a card.

Was on the Diamond a couple weeeks ago and got hot chocolate in the buffet for free. Not sure about dining room.

Bill

Was on the Diamond a couple weeeks ago and got hot chocolate in the buffet for free. Not sure about dining room.

Bill

Thanks Bill and Paul!

I don't drink much of it either, but my party is sailing in mid-Jan from Miami so thought it JUST MIGHT be cool enough that a cup of hot chocolate out on the deck might be appropriate! I've seen 80 degree weather and 50 degree weather in Miami during Jan, so you just never know.

Thanks Bill and Paul!

I don't drink much of it either, but my party is sailing in mid-Jan from Miami so thought it JUST MIGHT be cool enough that a cup of hot chocolate out on the deck might be appropriate! I've seen 80 degree weather and 50 degree weather in Miami during Jan, so you just never know.

we were in Alaska so it was definitely appropriate.:D

They had packs of hot chocolate packets. Just poured it in a coffee cup and added hot water.:)

Bill

Going on the New England/Canada Fall Foliage cruise in 6 days. Going to purchase my first coffee card, just so that I can get the "special" coffee/chocolate beverages. I'm so excited. It's a rarity that I splurge on something like this. :)

Hot chocolate - is available in the dining room at no additional charge for breakfast and lunch. It is sooo good IMHO, that is not a good habit to acquire. It tastes as if they use either full fat milk or half and half to make it - very rich. Yummmm......:)

It is also available with the coffee card and should not cost you a punch - just show the card at the International Cafe and other bars that have the hot chocolate available, and there should be no additional charge and no punch on the card.

Archived