Eastern Carribean Excursions Recommendations Needed for Toddlers

seba1

We will be on the Carnival Pride in October and visiting Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. Our kids will be with us and are 2.5 and 4. I am not comfortable leaving them on the ship while my husband and I get off of the ship so I need to come up with ideas of things to do with them. Any recommendations?

I was thinking of doing Disney in Port Canaveral, but other CC posters have warned that the drive is long and the time in the park is short. Anyone do this trip?

Thanks!

Stephanie

What about Kennedy space Center. If you have boys they would probably love it. We live here in Florida and Disney is about an hour from the port probably. How long are you in Port Canaveral for? I've never been to Nassua or Freeport with my son so I don't have much info there. Post this on the threads for the different ports and you will get a lot of info.

[quote name=s

eba1]We will be on the Carnival Pride in October and visiting Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. Our kids will be with us and are 2.5 and 4. I am not comfortable leaving them on the ship while my husband and I get off of the ship so I need to come up with ideas of things to do with them. Any recommendations?

I was thinking of doing Disney in Port Canaveral, but other CC posters have warned that the drive is long and the time in the park is short. Anyone do this trip?

Thanks!

Stephanie

cruiseaholic - We will be in Port Canaveral from 7 am to 7 pm.

Is it worth trying to do Disney?

IMHO no. A one day ticket is going to cost you about $80 pp adult and something not too terribly less for a child.

cruiseaholic - We will be in Port Canaveral from 7 am to 7 pm.

Is it worth trying to do Disney?

Your going in Oct so that is off season and the parks won't be busy. What is the date you'll be in Port Canaveral I will check the hours at the magic kingdom for you that day. We usually don't get to the park till around 11 am and see almost everything that we can with a toddler. We were just there in June and that is a busy month and we were able to see a lot then and the lines were anywhere from 30-90 min. I definately would do Magic Kingdom though with your kids not the other parks. We took my 3 year old to Epcot and none of us are that thrilled with it. I'd take the train over to Mickey's toonland as soon as you enter the park and then head do a few things in tomorrow land. I'd go to fantasy land after that since that has the most rides for the kids you can follow that through to fronteir and adventure land. If you get off the ship by say 8 and don't get into the park till 10 you'll have plenty of time. If you hop around to other parks than no but I wouldn't do the other parks with your age kids anyway. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

IMHO no. A one day ticket is going to cost you about $80 pp adult and something not too terribly less for a child.

Yes Disney is expensive but all the theme parks here are and I use to think it was a ripoff but then you go to the Magic Kingdom and there is so much more to do there than say Universal or Sea World and you pay almost the same amount for those parks.

Cruiseaholic - Thanks so much for the information. I think we are going to book the Disney trip through the cruiseline. It will make such a big impact on our kids and we want to make sure that if traffic is bad the ship waits. You gave me some terrific advice!

Archived