Tap water on Eastern European Odyssey

Mel

We will be on the Viking Eastern European Odyssey cruise at the end of October and wondered if it was safe to drink the tap water in our cabin.

Also, while in Bucharest we stay for one night at the Hilton Hotel before boarding our ship the following day, and we would like to buy a few bottles of nice local wine to drink in our cabin. Does anyone know if this is possible since we will have a bus tour of the Bucharest area and go directly to board the ship in the late afternoon. Any help would be appreciated.

When in Eastern European countries its better to drink bottled water, the ship will supply you with a large bottle,but charge you.At least they have on the 2 cruises of that area I was on. Then they usually have a station near the snacks,etc. where you can refill it free.I even use it for teethbrushing,just to be on safe side.You dont want to end up sick.As far as wine, you should have time before or during city tour to pick up a few bottles.Check when you arrive to see if stores are within walking distance.I always bring a wine bottle opener to enjoy it in our room,waiters may charge to open at dinner or just act like its a chore.Really varies.Have a great time,;);)

I would hesitate drinking or brushing your teeth with tap water. The ship line should provide a bottle of water for each of you in your room. Make sure the cap has not been opened. We always had wine for dinner even if we had to buy it. The waiters should bring large bottle of water to each table for dinner. Remember NO ICE. They use tap water for the ice. We have taken two river cruises and another one scheduled for next August. Following thesed recommendations we have got home without any problems. Willard

Archived