Juneau, weather conditions for Heli flight in September?

Sailkeywest

Hello :) I would really love to take a helicopter flight when we visit Juneau next year, but we are scheduled to be in Juneau in late September (SEPT 19). I am wondering if any cruisers out there have any experience with taking a heli tour so late in the season, such as cancellations/difficulty viewing due to weather conditions. Thank you for any input!

You are asking a question that can not be answered. (unless you can predict the future :) )

Flight can and do cancel all the time. Depends on the conditions of that particular day. Have back up plans in place, and if going to Skagway, depending on which you are going to first- if a big priority- for this flightseeing, then book at your first opportunity. Have phone numbers handy of all operating vendors and immediately get calling for available space in the next port.

I am assuming you are only considering the glacier helicopter landings since the dog sled camps will be closed.

Hello :) I would really love to take a helicopter flight when we visit Juneau next year, but we are scheduled to be in Juneau in late September (SEPT 19). I am wondering if any cruisers out there have any experience with taking a heli tour so late in the season, such as cancellations/difficulty viewing due to weather conditions. Thank you for any input!

We had one in mid-season (July) cancelled due to bad weather. I don't think you can predict at all.

A late season cruise has many challenges and is much different from a high season cruise, but the past couple years there have been no big price discounts for the late season travelers.

Many of the tour companies close down in September: all the dog sledding camps on the glaciers and many of the boat tours.

The weather is iffy and changeable.

Denali National Park will have shut down more than likely due to weather.

Archived