to bruge

silver service

We always take the train to Brugge and never had a problem getting a seat for the 20 min journey. The trains are often double deckers. Don't forget not everyone on the ship is brave enough to try a DIY trip. I think this summer we paid 3.20 Euro pp return. Saved a fortune by not taking the ship tour, able to come back when we wanted rather than having to hang around for the coach. Spent the money we saved on a large box on Belgium Chocs.

Hi

We got the 10.10 am train in last week. No problems.

We sailed at 4pm so had to be back on board by 3.30pm. The last shuttle was at 3.oopm. So we decided to get the 1.38 pm train back rather than the last one possible at 2.38pm - just in time for last shuttle. Unfortunately so did the rest of the ship - or so it seemed. It was jam packed. Many people could not get on - think some of the locals were not impressed as there was then an hours wait for the next one. It really was horrendous. If you have a later sailing time it would be better.

The return fare was 5 Euro something. Think it was 5 euro and 50 cents.

Get the train there taxi back simple, and still save a few euro's.:)

Umm, I thought that, and ofcourse if the train was full you would HAVE TO to do that...but Bruges is 3/4hr- 1hr away, by taxi could be £50/50e one way, then you wouldn't have saved any money!

Umm, I thought that, and ofcourse if the train was full you would HAVE TO to do that...but Bruges is 3/4hr- 1hr away, by taxi could be £50/50e one way, then you wouldn't have saved any money!

Yes LL good point only good value if there are four or more in your party, there are six of us on Arcadia in October so we will give it a go.

We took taxi both ways last year, cost about 40 Euros and took about 30 minutes.

Shared between 5 of us was a real bargain.

Think its gone up a bit since then, and of course the euro is very poor now as well. If a group of 4+ going yes its a bargain.

Just get a cab. You can book it for your return on the way out.

Simple and easy, and it drops you in the centre.

Did a P & O trip years ago and it was a fair walk into town. You can't get coaches in, so they make you walk.

I've since come to my senses. Cab every time.

Archived