A true upgrade, not an upsell! GEM AC to AA

Firemaker

It can happen!

Just wanted to share that we received an upgrade from an AC to an AA, complimentary!

We are sailing on the Gem Western Med Nov. 8th.

I noticed that the prices dropped from when we made final payment, so I emailed my TA and let her know that the AA's were $64.00 less than what we paid for our AC.

She said she had a hard time working with NCL, but in the end we were upgraded to the AA at no cost!

We are so excited!

So, anyone out there who has been in the Owner's Suite 9004...we would love any info you can share!

Congrats! You'll love the AA. We were one deck above you - 10504 last year and had our BEST cruise ever. We loved the two balconies...one forward and one on the side. It made the already huge suite seem enormous with all the natural light coming in from two areas. The two bathrooms were a bonus too.

Have fun! You'll have to come back and tell us all about it.

Happy Cruising!

It can happen!

Just wanted to share that we received an upgrade from an AC to an AA, complimentary!

I noticed that the prices dropped from when we made final payment, so I emailed my TA and let her know that the AA's were $64.00 less than what we paid for our AC.

She said she had a hard time working with NCL, but in the end we were upgraded to the AA at no cost!

We are so excited!

So, anyone out there who has been in the Owner's Suite 9004...we would love any info you can share!

THATS AWESOME! We are on your cruise (I saw your name as the thread starter and got excited!) and are in an AB. We were hoping for the AA but are glad a fellow CC'er was able to score such a "sweet" suite. One great thing about the AA is the 2 balconies and the complimentary bar setup.

Congrats again!

THATS AWESOME! We are on your cruise (I saw your name as the thread starter and got excited!) and are in an AB. We were hoping for the AA but are glad a fellow CC'er was able to score such a "sweet" suite. One great thing about the AA is the 2 balconies and the complimentary bar setup.

Congrats again!

So funny as to the 3 bottles of liquor we get...we don't drink!!:o

I understand we do get complimentary bottled water and soft drinks, though.

See you onboard soon!

See you onboard soon!

Thats a great perk too!

I wanted to say thanks to you too because after I read your post I called my TA and asked about upgrading our AB and my TA called me back with NCL on the line and they offered us a complimentary upgrade to the A3! :eek: They must have been feeling VERY generous yesterday. Thanks for posting again. ;)

Thats a great perk too!

I wanted to say thanks to you too because after I read your post I called my TA and asked about upgrading our AB and my TA called me back with NCL on the line and they offered us a complimentary upgrade to the A3! :eek: They must have been feeling VERY generous yesterday. Thanks for posting again. ;)

Wonderful!

So many people think you can't call and upgrade, that you have to wait for the "Upgrade Fairy". Glad you were able to get the A3 for no extra $!

I hope you don't fall so in love with this cabin that you try to stow away on the next sailing because I'm in this cabin (9004) on the November 15th sailing. Though from the pictures it does look huge! This will be my first time sailing in a suite and I can't wait.

It can happen!

We are so excited!

I hope you don't fall so in love with this cabin that you try to stow away on the next sailing because I'm in this cabin (9004) on the November 15th sailing. Though from the pictures it does look huge! This will be my first time sailing in a suite and I can't wait.

Outside of the Villas, the AA suites are HUGE.....your gonna love it:)

See you onboard soon!

Bring it on down to our room 10018. We are not drinkers either, but plan to make an exception on this trip. :p

This will be our 2nd time sailing in a suite. We had an aft AE on the Star with a wrap around balcony and loved the suite perks! We were originally booked on your 11/15 sailing, but had to switch to the week before, due to work schedules. I'm sure we will be crossing paths in Barcelona when we disembark and you embark..Happy cruising!

was the AC the one of the ones next to your NEW AA?..that s a huge

upgrade..:eek:

your cruise is going to be all that much more exciting..again, congradulations on the upgrade..im just to envioius for anymore words:o

We were in AC 10500 deck 10 under the bridge. Never thought we would be in an owners suite...can't wait to see how big it actually is!

Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm happy for you! Have a wonderful cruise!

Definitely accept the liquor and give it as gifts.. You'll be very popular! lol

Great idea about giving the liquor as gifts!

I guess I'll need some pointers on what to order:rolleyes:, I have no idea what's "good" or not.

We were in 9504 earlier this year, which is the mirror image of 9004. My pics are here: http://travel.webshots.com/album/570355548PVDAiR.

Enjoy your ~great~ upgrade! :)

I so enjoyed your pics while drinking my morning coffee!

You even had a christmas tree in your cabin?!

A few questions, if you don't mind?.....

How was the movement in the cabin? Any seasickness?

Did you use the private villa area? Was there a sauna/steam there?

Thanks again for the link to your pics!

Congrats on the upgrade.

The take away here is always watch the pricing for your cruise and the availability of suites and places you would aspire to upgrade to.

If you wait too long to push, nothing will happen or NCL will upsell someone else.

NCL is looking out for it's bottom line and will wait to sell or upsell the suites, they will not contact you to give a free upgrade because the pricing has changed, you have to fight for it.

Hi Firemaker, I am so happy for you. Jeff and I were up-selled on the Pearl two years ago to cabin 9004 and it was wonderful. It is on the Starboard side of the ship. The Cabin is the same on both Ships. The Cabin is huge and having two Balconies is awesome. The Balconie from the Bedroom is huge and was great to be out there when the Ship sails. When it does get too windy you just go to the balconie off of the living room which is the size of three Balconies. The Bath room is to die for. The tub has a window which looks our on the side Balconie and it also has a tv above the Tub. The shower is huge with at least eight jets of water.The dressing room is wonderful because it has so many drawers. The second bathroom is also beautiful. Get the three bottles of liquor and have the Meet and greet group do a Cabin Crawl and serve drinks from your Beautiful Cabin. I will email you a couple of pictures of our cabin.Have a great time and I will be looking for your post telling us how the Cruise went.

Hi Firemaker, I am so happy for you. Jeff and I were up-selled on the Pearl two years ago to cabin 9004 and it was wonderful. It is on the Starboard side of the ship. The Cabin is the same on both Ships. The Cabin is huge and having two Balconies is awesome. The Balconie from the Bedroom is huge and was great to be out there when the Ship sails. When it does get too windy you just go to the balconie off of the living room which is the size of three Balconies. The Bath room is to die for. The tub has a window which looks our on the side Balconie and it also has a tv above the Tub. The shower is huge with at least eight jets of water.The dressing room is wonderful because it has so many drawers. The second bathroom is also beautiful. Get the three bottles of liquor and have the Meet and greet group do a Cabin Crawl and serve drinks from your Beautiful Cabin. I will email you a couple of pictures of our cabin.Have a great time and I will be looking for your post telling us how the Cruise went.

It was so fun to get the email photos of the owners suite you stayed in on the Pearl! Don't know what we'll do with two bathrooms!!! And as I am planning to pack light, I guess we'll have tons of room in the closet:)

Archived