Credit card with travel insurance??

I cruise and travel a bit and generally insure my trip for lost baggage, trip interuption, and illness.

I am wondering if there is a credit card that anyone would recomend that would cover this?

I am hoping to save some money and hassle...:confused:

Thanks...

Karyn

I cruise and travel a bit and generally insure my trip for lost baggage, trip interuption, and illness.

I am wondering if there is a credit card that anyone would recomend that would cover this?

I am hoping to save some money and hassle...:confused:

Thanks...

Karyn

Very common in other countries such as Canada. Very rare in the US. The reason is that the various states have widely varying insurance regulations and many or most will not allow many insurance products to be included. So it's common to find benefits such as emergency evacuation or rental car CDW (I have both on my Amex card) but near impossible to find trip cancellation or trip interruption coverages.

• 2 weeks later...

We use a pre paid debit card for our international vacations, inluding cruises. Its a Visa World card, I cant remember the exact name, but Im sure you can find it via an online search. We usually buy them at our local grocery store, its on one of those pre-paid/gift card displays and you can add as much or as little as you want, access it online or by phone, and it carries with it travel insurance, insurance for the card and other various perks. We used it the first time on a trip to Jamaica because we were worried about the security of using our actual accounts out of country. It worked out great, just put as much or as little on the card, as you want or anticipate/want to spend, but be sure of course to carry some cash or other means of payment for small things and beach/street side vendors with out this technology.

Enjoy your cruise!

Try American express,I inquired in to it yesterday.To insure our trip (4 people)of 26 days and including a Cruise,approx $6000 it will cost $364 Canadian,txs in.Not bad.You can go on line to see and get a quick quote.Hope this helps.

Archived