Women.. what do you wear in the dining room?

Texas Cruising

I know this sounds like a basic question but what do you wear to the dining room? I ALWAYS wear some form of dress.. but my friend going with me HATES dresses and has asked me for help on what to wear. But for the life of me, I can't remember what people wear other than dresses (sun dresses, etc). It has been a couple years since I cruised but I can't think of what to tell her...:confused:

Thanks for the help.

Depending on which night........casual or cruise elegant........

Casual you will see many of us in capris, jeans, dresses, shorts.......

Cruise elegant you will see many of us in cocktail dresses, gowns, slacks......

Your friend will fill right at home if she doesn't like to wear dresses......

Thanks.. She wears scrubs for a living so doesn't dress up very much.

She will be happy to hear she can wear capri pants with a nice top.. that is about as dressed up as she gets.

I think she is going to skip the formal evening because she does not want to buy a dress for one evening.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I wear pants and tops - fancier ones on elegant nights. I rarely wear a dress and if I do it's a very casual one that I can wear with sandals.

Thanks!

I will let her know ... (in fact, I will print off these replies and give to her!)

She is afraid of being under dressed or sticking out.

Thanks.. She wears scrubs for a living so doesn't dress up very much.

She will be happy to hear she can wear capri pants with a nice top.. that is about as dressed up as she gets.

I think she is going to skip the formal evening because she does not want to buy a dress for one evening.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

She can wear a pair of nice slacks and top for formal night, she doesn't have to buy a special dress.......... don't miss formal night, it's fun

I know this sounds like a basic question but what do you wear to the dining room? I ALWAYS wear some form of dress.. but my friend going with me HATES dresses and has asked me for help on what to wear. But for the life of me, I can't remember what people wear other than dresses (sun dresses, etc). It has been a couple years since I cruised but I can't think of what to tell her...:confused:

Thanks for the help.

I always wear a nice pair of slacks and a blouse and/or jacket...and shoes...not sandals.

...and shoes...not sandals.

That gave me a chuckle! Mom has found a pair of black Merrill sandals that she loves. She wears them with black socks on CE night and you can hardly tell what she has done.

The rest of her outfit is black slacks and a pretty top.

Until I started reading this board I never looked at people's shoes!

In my experience, the ships are freezing, so I always wear layers - always have a jacket or sweater. I've gone to nice slacks with a dressy shirt for formal nights. On the other nights I have a few capris & shorts that I alternate with different shirts. Makes packing easier. Comfy shoes also a must. A few times I tried to wear some new fancy shoes & had blisters galore by the end of the night. Never again!

I don't even own a dress. On casual nights I wear cotton pants (black or white sometimes) with a nice shirt. On elegant nights I wear crushed velvet black pants (I've had these for a few years and only wear them on cruises!) with a nice sparkly top. I don't wear heels either, so my elegant night shoes are black Sketchers with sparkly stuff on them, works for me, and I don't hobble around like I see some women doing later in the evening!

Tell her not to skip the formal eveningbecause she does not have a dress. Black slacks and a nice blouse will do.

AGREE. Don't skip elegant night. Food is the best and there are all kinds of dressers in there. Sometimes I wear black slacks with a fancy top, sometimes a pantsuit, I've worn capri's with a fancy top and this cruise I bought a gown at Ross for $15 on sale. Don't skip the meal due to clothing. Plus my experience is the buffet is horrible on elegant nights. Anytime I've skipped elegant night and opted for the buffet, the food tasted bad up there. Maybe a mental thing but eating rueben sandwich isn't the same as lobster or chateubriand.

Archived