NCL Star LA Port Question

TaterSalad

Flying into Long Beach is closer to the harbor, and less chaotic. The Harbor is in San Pedro. We are flying into Long Beach and staying with a son who lives near and will take us to the ship. Relatives who went on the Star in November stayed at the Sheraton right by the harbor -- free parking while they were on the cruise. Here's a site with lots of information.

http://www.sanpedro.com/

for the Sheraton San Pedro.....when we stayed here the cast of "Charlies Angels 2" was also staying here. It is a beautiful hotel and located within easy walking distance of an area with many good restaurants. :)

Thanks for your help everyone! Do any of you know if the Sheraton has a shuttle to the cruise port? Also, when I was checking out the area on the web, I noticed that there is a Queen Mary hotel that is actually rooms on the Queen Mary ship. Has anyone stayed at this hotel?

Yes, the Sheraton has a shuttle. I think the first shuttle leaves around 11:30. If you drive to the Sheraton, you can leave your car there (free) while you cruise.

The Queen Mary is right across from the Carnival terminal. Two CC members we met on our last cruise stayed there and thought it was very interesting.

Adele

The Queen Mary is right across from the Carnival terminal. Two CC members we met on our last cruise stayed there and thought it was very interesting.

Adele

BUT! The Carnival (and occasional Princess) cruise terminal is in Long Beach, not San Pedro! Two different places, and not particularly close to each other.

Jana

We are thinking about booking the 3/13 Star sailing. Our airfare is much cheaper is we fly to Santa Ana (SNA). How far is Santa Ana from the port? Would the shuttle fare be much more than from LAX?

I booked the Marina Hotel with a "park and cruise" package. I am a little worried because I have not read where anyone on this board has even used this hotel.

Anyone stayed there before? I picked it because it has a guest laundry and since it will be our second week in California, we will need to wash clothes.

I have read a review online and I am worried I may have made a mistake in booking this hotel.

Thanks

tatersalad..we sailed Carnival Pride last Feb with a group of 23, about 8 of them stayed at the QM. There combined experience was great, the price was a little high, they all said they are glad they did it but probably wouldn't do it next time. So, if you are really into historical things, looking for a bit of a different experience then I'd say go for it, but if your flight is getting in late and just looking for a place to stay I'm not sure if its worth the extra $$. FYI- there isn't anything around it as far as restauarants and such, however you can take a boat shuttle over to the Long Beach marina where they have more things including an aquarium. If you were going on a Carnival cruise it is very nice because the terminal is right there and they offer a convient check-in for QM guests...that info might be helpful next cruise.

Archived