Hurtigruten Excursions in Winter

msg_girl

We went on the Husky Dog Sledding in Tromso and it was great!

Do go to North Cape.

We went on the Summer cruise first and went on a lot of excursions so we skipped a lot during our winter cruise but booked the husky dog sledding and the North Cape one (again - to experience the darkness).

ENJOY!! We loved the Norwegian cuisine - buffet breakfast and lunch and sit down dinners. The bread on board is so out of the world.

Wish you were going round trip instead of just one way.

Bluesea777, thanks for the reply, I did want to book round trip but work restrictions have got in the way - can only be away chinese new year week - odd I know for someone based in the UK. I'm hoping to see the aurora borealis so have booked over a new moon period. I haven't managed to find out what the chances actually are. We managed to see Denali on three consecutive days in Alsaka in early May this year so maybe I'll be lucky again. G.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Quick report back on which excursions I did do:

Art Nouveau Walking Tour in Alesund -very slippery in places on the ice but the tour guide was excellent and the Museum is great.

Trondheim - CityTour including Nidaros Cathedral- bus tour is a little tedious and I feel I missed the city centre just to get to a high view point but the tour of the cathedral was superb; the local guide was very knowledgeable.

Tromso - City Tour, Polaria and Arctic Cathedral - again bus tour is a little long but we saw a lot of the city, Polaria was much better than I expected.The cathedral is great from the outside - took some good photos - but not so interesting inside.

North Cape Tour - a must do. Very bleak with the snow but exciting follwoing the snow plough and then walking round in 12" of snow. Panoramic film is excellent and waffles and hot chocolate are good.

G.

Archived