On line Check in

Travelling on Indie:) and going to try and check-in on line.

Two questions sorry if these have been asked before,

1 Is it worth it?

2 When reading the tutorial it said that you can set up your account on-line paying by Cash or Credit card.

I want to pay a lump sum and if we go over this amount to use my credit card, but it only says one or other not a combination.:confused:

Any Advice much appreciated

Do your online check-in, then print your set sail pass. It makes it so much easier when you get to the port.

Set your account up using your credit card....also, much easier to deal with. Once onboard you can monitor your charges and go to the pursers desk and payoff the balance with cash on a daily basis or on the last day.

Enjoy your cruise.....:)

1 Is it worth it?

2 When reading the tutorial it said that you can set up your account on-line paying by Cash or Credit card.

I want to pay a lump sum and if we go over this amount to use my credit card, but it only says one or other not a combination.:confused:

1) Yes, it will save you time at the pier during checking. All you need to do is to present your online check in confirmation, passport and credit card for onboard purchases in exchange for your sea pass card. Then it on to the ship.

2) No problem. Just use your credit card option during the online check-in. However, at some point during your cruise just go to the pursers deck and apply whatever amount of cash you want. Any balance due will automatically get charged to your credit card. If you don't use the full amount then they'll refund you the difference on the last day. I just don't think the online system is capability of handling split payment type.

Guest maddycat

1 Is it worth it?

The online check in is quick and easy. Your check in at the pier will be much faster if you have checked in online. Arrive at the pier with you set sail pass, passport and your credit card.

We always use a credit card when we set up our onboard account. I can't help you with your question about using a combination of cash and credit card for your onboard account.

I like doing online checkin for several reasons -

1 - I know what info they want - because I'm sure it changes.

2. It is one less thing to worry about at the dock.

3. It is a great reminder to get all the info I need together to go with me when I leave home.

You can either set up a credit card account or choose cash settlement. If you choose cash you must go to the guest relations desk after boarding and give them the amount of money you wish to have in your account. Your sea pass card will then act as a debit card for all onboard purchases. The unused portion will be returned at the end of the cruise.

You can't split but can change from cash to credit card, or use the credit card and then pay it off in cash at the end of the cruise.

You can check in online as soon as you have a booking number. Yes, it does lock you out the last 3 days. Then you have to stand at the desk and fill out all your paperwork.

Sign your set sail pass in both places. Make sure your passport is signed.

If using a birth certificate, make sure it isn't the hospital issued one (feet prints on the back) and a photo ID.

Have all 3 in hand as you come to the check-in counter, not stuffed in the bottom of your luggage. Every little bit saves time at check-in.

I know it says you have to online check in at least three days before, but how far in advance should you actually do it?

You can fill in the information as someone said when you get your reservation

number. However, you cannot print your set sail pass until final payment has

been made.

Have a great trip.

Definitely do the online check in. You can check in online anytime you wish. We just took a cruise and got back on the 26th of September, we were able to check in online the minute we booked it before they got our final payment, which is what we always do. When you get to the pier and check in, they just scan that setsail pass, check your passport and give you your SeaPass. It is well worth it.

As far as your charges onboard, I agree with the other replies, give your CC online and just pay off your charges before the last day. On the last cruise we were on, you had until 11:00PM the last day to settle your account or they would just go ahead and charge the credit card.

Have fun!

Thank you all for your advice, it is very much appreciated and has made my mind up:)

I am now going to check-in online using my CC and will at some time during the cruise pay some, most, all off using the cash I have with me, depending on how much my DW and I drink etc.:D

Once again so nice to have people who just wanna help, THANX

Cheers

Archived