watch one of the repeated over and over films. Complained to guest services

who sent someone out to FIX the problem. All he did, while we were out, was

change the lead in the back and report it fixed. No the picture was the

same!. After several times reporting it the engineer came out again. This

time he looked at the connections in the wall and in the ceiling and said

thats where the problem would be, but he does not have a wiring diagram so

cannot fix it.

The show team are a bad joke compared to the other Thomson ships that are

using the excellent Peel Entertainment. Loryn and Ed are opera trained and it shows their class. Get to see them before they are whisked away to bigger places

The food onboard is very good and plenty of it.

Destinations were good, through rushed

Overall while the cost was reasonable I would still expect better quallity

from such a large company that is supposed to care about its customers while

still making loads of money out of us.

Just come back from 2 weeks in the med on this new Thomson aquired ship. The

whole ship looks old worn and tired. The cabins are a disgrace looking very

old and VERY worn out. The mattresses were stained and had springs coming

through. Carpet worn and dirty. TV could not get a good enough picture to

cannot fix it.

using the excellent Peel Entertainment. Loryn and Ed are opera trained and it shows their class. Get to see them before they are whisked away to bigger places

Sorry to hear this as I`m booked on this ship next year

Out of interest what cabin grade were you in and on what deck?Have been on another cruise forum and some also complained about their cabin but some had no problems so it doesn`t seen to be all cabins.

Did you fire a letter of complaint away to Thomsons?

Just come back from 2 weeks in the med on this new Thomson aquired ship. The

whole ship looks old worn and tired. The cabins are a disgrace looking very

old and VERY worn out. The mattresses were stained and had springs coming

through. Carpet worn and dirty. TV could not get a good enough picture to

cannot fix it.

Just wanted to say thanks

I am going on this ship next week and you have all but ruined it for me

If one of your largest complaints was no TV I can only be glad you arent on the same weeks as us

Perhaps you had better not go on the QM2 we had no picture on there for 3 weeks because of moving accross the equator

If one of your largest complaints was no TV I can only be glad you arent on the same weeks as us

Perhaps you had better not go on the QM2 we had no picture on there for 3 weeks because of moving accross the equator

Hope to see your review on your return

Found this review from someone who sailed last month that may alleviate your fears.There are many more reviews about IE on the site(mainly positive) but not sure if its okay to post the direct link...Anyway heres the latest one

OK it was our first cruise, so we had no comparisons to make. The Island Escape is an older ship, and may look a little tired to the more experienced cruise passenger. A little paint job might do the trick, but this did not stop us having a great time. The inside cabin on deck 7 is as small as any other low budget cabin but after the initial shock you don't even notice as it is only for sleeping so we didn't spend much time in it anyway. The staff are great, smiling, helpful and hard working, the food well what can we say, it was good, very good, lots of choice, freshly cooked and lots of it 24 hours a day. The entertainment was fine, again the entertainment staff worked hard, don't expect West End musicals, there was a resident group, quizzes, bingo, visiting comics, singers and shows put on by the entertainment staff, enough for us. The pool well we didn't use it but it is small but we didn't go on the cruise to swim so it was no loss for us. The excursions we thought were expensive, we met a family who told us how to do them ourselves, we used buses and trains and went to Pisa for 10 euro's between two of us, the cruise were changing £34 each by coach. The other passengers were all friendly and all made an effort to talk, there was no aires and graces or over the top dressing up ,passengers were from all walks of life and all ages mainly over 45, we did heard a few complaining about the ship but the over all view was that the majority loved the cruise and had a great time. So over all we would recommend this cruise if you just want a nice cruise with friendly people and staff Would we use this cruise ship again? .... yes we would... ...would we recommend this ship?......yes we would

Thanks for that review Jim as we are going on the Escape in Nov. I am a bit concerned about ellenvannins review. I have also been looking at other sites for reviews and luckily the majority are good. There are also a few negative ones so I suppose we will just have to hope for the best. I will be happy as long as the room is clean, the staff etc. are up to the usual Thomsons standard and the food is good and of course we have got the AI.:)

Please mcdermott do post a review on your return and I hope you have a good holiday.

Thanks for that review Jim as we are going on the Escape in Nov.

No problem

I am a bit concerned about ellenvannins review. I have also been looking at other sites for reviews and luckily the majority are good.

At the end of the day everyone is different.I have booked hotels in the past only to read terrible reviews on them and they have turned out to be great

I will be happy as long as the room is clean, the staff etc. are up to the usual Thomsons standard and the food is good and of course we have got the AI.:)

Having only cruised with OV2 3 times I don`t expect IE to be as good room wise at least but all of the above will be fine by me

Please mcdermott do post a review on your return and I hope you have a good holiday.

Echo

Mary,was going to Pm you the site where I was reading the reviews but theres no Pm facility on this forum

I will post for you all

I knew when I booked this ship she was old hence the price and the fact that she is being shunted from owner to owner says it all

But in her favour I have not heard one person having Norovirus and many of the expensive ship QM2 etc have and it wasnt just the odd case it was bad so I am not expecting Liner I am expecting car ferry type

To the person traveling Nov 1 do you really want to hear if its so bad???

Like me you have booked paid your money

Also if you are like me you will have a great holiday

Hi first time cruiser here, going on Island Escape on October 6th. Read all the reviews good and bad and not a bit worried. Determined to enjoy the experience regardless of whether the ship is old and tired. Hope to meet some new friends, eat lots, drink a little and laugh endlessly. If you are going to be there may see you.:)

We to have booked for October next year and not a bit worried about the reviews.Have seen hotels that we have stayed in (and thought highly of )have bad reviews! we are all made different and see things differently so we have to try for ourselves,Would be completely different if passengers was coming home ill because of bad food or dirty bedding.As for the mattress why did you not get it changed? I think some people are not happy unless they are finding fault of some kind We are going fora special

occasion and will make it a good time,sun good food different sights and new friends what more do you want?:) bardunc

I will post for you all

I knew when I booked this ship she was old hence the price and the fact that she is being shunted from owner to owner says it all

But in her favour I have not heard one person having Norovirus and many of the expensive ship QM2 etc have and it wasnt just the odd case it was bad so I am not expecting Liner I am expecting car ferry type

To the person traveling Nov 1 do you really want to hear if its so bad???

Like me you have booked paid your money

Also if you are like me you will have a great holiday

Hi

Its the end of Nov we are going and yes like you we will have a good hol.

I was just interested to hear what you thought of the ship after that very negative review.

The reviews I have read the majority are good and as bardunc states the faults do not seam too bad def. not bothered about the TV not working and everyone has their own opinions. You only have to go on the review sites to see how these differ. It makes you wonder sometimes if people were all on the same ship.

Anyway have a good one and I wish I was going next week.

Archived