Westerdam-AC controls?

pjs9876

In reading recent threads something was mentioned about no individual thermostats in the rooms. Did I read something incorrectly?

We have cruised several lines and never run into that before so I would like to clear it up to be sure. My husband (the polar bear) would be livid if there is no control.

You can set the temperature in your own room can't you?:confused:

You can set the volume of cold or warm air flowing into your cabin with a dial that can be turned between “cold” & “warm”. Turning the control to "cold" will be perfect for your polar bear. As with any heating and air conditioning system that serves multiple rooms, like the one’s you’d find in a hotel or office building there isn’t an individual thermostat with numbers on it in each room where you can set at a specific temperature like you would on the thermostat you have at home. The other thing to be aware of is leaving the door to the veranda open turns the air flow off.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07, Westerdam ‘09

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Pending Cruises:

Oceania – Insignia, June 17, 2010

I am trying not to panic. I assume that it has been this way on other cruise lines and we just did not think about it. The veranda door open creating a block is something new and I hate that. I understand it, but I still hate it.

The only times we had trouble were a few times tied up to the pier and things got too warm. They had not fired up the engines and were cutting back. Usually happens when we first board.

On our one and only Carnival Cruise we were hot way too many times. 11 other times have been fine. We like the Caribbean so warm days mean a good AC is important. We go for 2 weeks at the end of October so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Archived