Iguazu Falls overnight tour

hondagirl26

My husband and I are heading to Buenos Aires in January 2010. I would like to visit Iguazu Falls before we leave on our cruise and as it now happens our flights will allow for an overnight trip to the falls. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a tour operator to deal with. Having never been to this part of the world, I would like to make sure that we see as much as we can in the time we have. Would also like to work with someone that that comes recommended.

Thanks in advance for any advice

My husband and I are heading to Buenos Aires in January 2010. I would like to visit Iguazu Falls before we leave on our cruise and as it now happens our flights will allow for an overnight trip to the falls. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a tour operator to deal with. Having never been to this part of the world, I would like to make sure that we see as much as we can in the time we have. Would also like to work with someone that that comes recommended.

Thanks in advance for any advice

You dont ned a "tour operator". Book the flights yourself, book a hotel yourself (most stay at the Sheraton inside the park). You will have to make your way either from the international airport (EZE) or your hotel to the domestic airport (AEP) via taxi or car service. VERY easy to do yourself. Hotels will arrange transport and even tours, if needed. There are only two airlines that fly from BA to Iguazu Falls (Argentinian side)-Aerolineas Argentina and LAN. There are flights about every 2 hours.

We are proof that you can do it all yourself. If you can make the timing work, the trip to Iguazu is well worth the effort.

Since I had some confusion booking on the airline's website I booked with a travel site in the US (since they might delete the name, I mean the one of the famous sites that begins with Or and ends in bitz or the other one that starts with Ex--don't remember which one I actually used). Since we were already booked into a hotel in BA, we took the first flight out on one day and the last flight out on day 2 (with still a LAN flight that left even later). For the record, AA was on time and we had no trouble getting back and forth--and we were travelling on New Years Eve.

We stayed at the Sheraton right in the park. The Sheraton offers airport pick-up and drop off for a reasonable fee (though you will still have to pay the park entry fee in cash as you enter the park). Once you make your reservation using the Sheraton website, contact the hotel directly to arrange the pick-up. I did it all by e-mail.

BTW, staying right in the park has many advantages--such as a pool to cool off in, not having to make the journey back and forth to the park, comfy beds for mid-day siestas.

Since you are going from EZE to AEP, you should be aware that the luggage limits are diffferent (lower) on domestic flights. This was not an issue for us since we left all of our luggage at our hotel. There is a baggage check at the airport.

As for meals, they are all available in the hotel or in the park.

Yellow fever shots and anti-malarial drugs are recommended when visiting this part of the country. The weather in January is hot and humid.

You will have to decide what and how you want to do (go to Brazil, visit Itaipu, stay at a hotel in Argentina or in Brazil). Once you have a good idea about what you want to do, I would contact http://www.iguassufallstour.com/. I used them several years ago and I was happy with the package I picked and with the service they provided.

You can then still decide whether to use a guide or visit by yourself.

We are proof that you can do it all yourself. If you can make the timing work, the trip to Iguazu is well worth the effort.

We stayed at the Sheraton right in the park. The Sheraton offers airport pick-up and drop off for a reasonable fee (though you will still have to pay the park entry fee in cash as you enter the park). Once you make your reservation using the Sheraton website, contact the hotel directly to arrange the pick-up. I did it all by e-mail.

Since you are going from EZE to AEP, you should be aware that the luggage limits are diffferent (lower) on domestic flights. This was not an issue for us since we left all of our luggage at our hotel. There is a baggage check at the airport.

Yellow fever shots and anti-malarial drugs are recommended when visiting this part of the country.

Thanks Peregrina651! We are arranging this on our own for this December, too. We have the flights and the Sheraton booked. We plan to leave some luggage in BA. I did not know that we could ask the Sheraton to pick us up at the airport so I appreciate the information.

May I please ask a couple more questions?

How much is the entry fee to the park (e.g. how much Argentinian cash do we need to be sure we have before we get there?)

If you got the yellow fever shot and anti-malarial drugs, did you have any side effects? We haven't decided about that yet but I know you have to do it early. Right now we are focused on getting the visas - one step at a time!

I appreciate your information.

Below is the information that you requested. In December 2006 after my Oceania cruise that ended in BA we used this company. Oceania wanted $2000 for 2 people. I got it for $900 for both of us. She was highly recommended on the Boards along with one other company that was much more expensive. We were picked up from the ship, taken to drop off luggage at the hotel we would be returning to, taken to the airport and checked in, met in Iguazu taken to the Sheraton and got the same treatment on the return. We booked our tour with a company that had a desk on the bottom floor of the hotel. She would have booked the tour, but we opted to do this on our own. I hope this helps you and answers your question.

Cintia Stella

Senior Travel Consultant

WOW! Argentina

EVT Leg.12235, Res. 1478

www.wowargentina.com.ar

cintia@wowargentina.com

cintia@wowargentina.travel

Address: Av. Santa Fe 882, 12 F

C1059ABP, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Phone: +54 11 52 39 30 19

Fax: +54 11 52 39 17 14

MSN: cintia@wowargentina.com.ar