new to Regent--

dsstasz

Hi

This is the first time my husband and I will be cruising on Regent. We are on the Navigator headed for Alaska in Aug.

I am looking for some info about the proceedure for dining in alternate restaurants. Are reservations made onboard or can they be made before cruise?

Is there anything else we should know about the ship or proceedures? We are not freq. cruisers.

Thanks,

Sue

The Navigator will have two alternative restaurants when you cruise next summer: Portofino and Prime 7. Both should be reserved on the internet prior to boarding. Portofino has an Italian emphasis and Prime 7 is a steak house. Last month I had no problem getting into Portofino whenever I wanted. Prime 7 is very popular and should be reserved early.

As to other procedures, you should book excursions early. Some fill up months before sailing.

In general you can board Regent ships around noon.

We just spent 17 days on the Navigator and had a wonderful time.

While the timeframe for booking excursions online has varied somewhat, despite the fact that they are supposed to be available 120 days prior to sailing, the ability to book dining reservations has been pretty consistent at 30 days prior to sailing.

Therefore, keep a lookout when the 120-mark is approaching if you want to book excursions right away. As was said, Prime 7 will be popular, so you should book it early if it interests you.

The Navigator will have two alternative restaurants when you cruise next summer: Portofino and Prime 7. Both should be reserved on the internet prior to boarding. Portofino has an Italian emphasis and Prime 7 is a steak house. Last month I had no problem getting into Portofino whenever I wanted. Prime 7 is very popular and should be reserved early.

As to other procedures, you should book excursions early. Some fill up months before sailing.

In general you can board Regent ships around noon.

We just spent 17 days on the Navigator and had a wonderful time.

There are just a tiny drydock change that you may not be aware of. Portofino will become La Veranda. I was not aware that it will be a reservation only restaurant, but, it makes sense.

The only other thing I wanted to add is that you can book these restaurants 30 days prior to the day you sail. Prime 7 books up VERY quickly, so, you should mark the date on your calendar so you book on the 30th day.

TC,

My understanding is that La Veranda will be a no reservation restaurant as it is on Mariner and Voyager. Reservations for Portofino made sense when it was the only alternate restaurant to Compass Rose. However, with Prime 7 as a reservation restaurant, there is no need to require reservations for La Veranda. Since Donaldm is apparently unaware that La Veranda is replacing Portofino, I believe his comment about the necessity of a reservation is based on the current reservation requirement for Portofino.

Dave

TC,

My understanding is that La Veranda will be a no reservation restaurant as it is on Mariner and Voyager. Reservations for Portofino made sense when it was the only alternate restaurant to Compass Rose. However, with Prime 7 as a reservation restaurant, there is no need to require reservations for La Veranda. Since Donaldm is apparently unaware that La Veranda is replacing Portofino, I believe his comment about the necessity of a reservation is based on the current reservation requirement for Portofino.

Dave

You're probably right. Just wondered if La Veranda would be a bit small after they carve out Prime 7. Guess they can just do a first come first serve in the evening.:confused:

Archived