Going to try open dining on Freedom!!

mandas08

Called Carnival today and changed our dining from late to the dine anytime option pretty excited to give it a try....hope it works out :)

After trying it for the first time aboard the Liberty last November, we're HUGE fans of this option!

In fact, we will NEVER, EVER choose traditional dining again as long as Carnival continues offering the anytime dining option!

How does it work? Will Carnival call you, is it on all sailings, what if you don't like it can you change back to a specific time, do you change seats every night?

Sorry we have never done it:p Thanks for you help

We sailed on the Freedom last year and had a table for 2 on the late seating.

It seemed passengers made their own dining times. Many came in as late as 45 minutes past the seating time.:rolleyes:

Literally "My Time Dining" I guess.

Ya, Serene I seen online many times that Freedom wouldn't be getting it til summer of 09 either, but I seen a posting and decided to call and make sure. I actually did ask them if Freedom currently has the your time dining and didnt get an exact answer. They just told me that during my sailing it would. After I talked to them I was sent a confirmation email about my change and have looked at my future booking information on their site and it did change my dining to the "your time". So everything looks right.

Sorry, I cant give much information to other newbies because I haven't ever tried it either, but from what I have read it sounds great!

Sorry, I cant give much information to other newbies because I haven't ever tried it either, but from what I have read it sounds great!

I wonder how the wait is- We tried the Anytime on Princess and loved, loved loved it--but ateat the buffet everynight=- Princess buffet is nothing at all like ones on carnival.

I booked my cruise on the Freedom in August, for October sailing. Called and spoke with 2 different Carnival agents and both said that "your time dining" was available. So my TA called and set me up for this. Then Carnival called her and said it is not until summer 2010 on the Freedom. So I was put back to early dining. That is the whole reason I booked this cruise. I usually sail NCL or now RCCL has "My Time Dining". Good luck, On the Liberty 2 yrs ago I stood in line at the dining room on embarkation day for over 2 hrs to get a table for 2. When It was my turn they said all small tables for 2 or 4 were filled. So I had to sit with 8 other weird strangers. Only ate in MDR once because of that. Have a great cruise anyways!

Just booked Freedom for Nov 15,2009 and was offerred Any time dining. I booked early seating thinking I would read boards to see if people liked any time. I would like to do it, but now not sure if its offered.

Archived