Eastern Caribbean - Suggestions at Ports?

waid10

Hi, I will be on the CP in February with my wife and another couple. We stop at St. Thomas and St. Maarten (as well as Princess Cays). I am trying to plan excursions for the ports. Does anyone have good suggestions/experiences with either Princess-sponsored excursions or outside vendors?

We are all about 30 years old, and fairly adventuresome. Walking around and shopping is not really for us.

Has anyone played golf at Mahogany's Run? Did you take your own clubs? I am not sure if I want to lug a set of clubs to the airport and then to the ship, etc. What was the cost?

Any other good suggestions? Thanks.

StMaarten has little to do except the nude beach(orient)--St.M. is a good place to buy souvenirs, with the prices much lower than St T.

On SAt.T we've taken the tour/beach stop in St John--much prettier,although the beaches are good in St T. also--St. J. much greener island.

No experience with the golf course--I've never seen anyone bring there own tho!

First, check out the Ports of Call sections for St Thomas and St Martin. There is lots to do on both islands. There are several excurions that usually gets top marks.

I played Mahogany many years ago. For a one week cruise with only one golf course to play I would not take my clubs. I beleive the price is $100+ now. It was a fun curse to play. They have three holes called the Devils Triangle. The par 3 is unbelievable! They do rent clubs if your are interested in playing. Here is their website if you would like to check it out:

http://www.st-thomas.com/mahogany/

We are going in March so save some fun for us.

Archived