Viking China flights from the eastern US to China what airlines do Viking use

wallygator

I am using Viking air and have Viking Air Plus for my cruise/tour to China with Hong Kong as a add on, and want to get an idea of what airlines they use. We live on the east coast of USA. If you used Viking air what airlines did Viking use to and from China? If you also used Viking Air Plus was it worth it? Were they helpful? How did you find the flights and schedule Viking placed you on?

Thanking all in advance for any information you extend this way.:)

When we went on the trip, the folks from the east coast were on United. They try and book as many folks as they can on the same flights. Not sure what the Viking Air Plus is, but if it gets you better seats and further in the front, go for it. Those flights are sure long!

We are going on Viking's China's Cultural Delights cruise on Oct. 20th. We got the 2 for 1 including airfare, and they have us booked on United from ORD -> PVG. (Chicago O'Hare -> Shanghai Pudong) and return from PEK (Beijing Capital). The flights are nonstop both ways, a 747 going and a 777 coming home. I sure hope it's better than our last experience on United. We flew to Munich in November '07, on a 767, and it was hideous. They had one of the economy class bathrooms out of service and would NOT allow economy class to use the bathrooms in first/business. First time I have ever filed a written complaint.

I'll post this separately.....there doesn't seem to be a separate forum for air travel, so I'll just leave it in this thread.

The more I thought about that 14 hour nonstop flight, the more I thought about United's Economy Plus. All it amounts to is about 5 inches more legroom, but on that long a flight, it can make a big difference. Total round trip for my wife and I was $560; not bad.

• 1 month later...

Last October, Viking booked my sister and me on United. We did not use Viking's priority air plus service but instead paid additional $ for United's Economy Plus. The additional 4 to 5 inches of leg room made the long flight quite comfortable and was well worth the additional expense. As others have said in previous posts, the majority of travellers from the east coast flew United thru Chicago. It was fun, while waiting to board the plane, to try to figure out who was sharing the same Viking itinerary with us.

I am using Viking air and have Viking Air Plus for my cruise/tour to China with Hong Kong as a add on, and want to get an idea of what airlines they use. We live on the east coast of USA. If you used Viking air what airlines did Viking use to and from China? If you also used Viking Air Plus was it worth it? Were they helpful? How did you find the flights and schedule Viking placed you on?

Thanking all in advance for any information you extend this way.:)

We have used Viking Air Plus because it allows you to book your seats months ahead and get decent seats. Viking Air books closer to the cruise departure,you may not get direct flights even if one exists, and you get what seats are still available.

We purchased a year of "Economy Plus Annual Option" for $349 from United. This allows you to book Economy Extra seat for you and a traveling companion on United Flights for one year. It is worth every penny even if you only fly a couple times overseas on United. Check out the United website for details.

• 5 weeks later...

Traveling with my 6' 5" grandson, I first researched one stop flights from Boston/Beijing and Shanghai/Boston and requested same through my TA and also requested EXIT isle seats and were granted those for leg room. Had no problems !!! The flights I researched had the shortest layover times, no more than two hours and the least elapsed total air flight times, about 17 hours each way. We met people on the cruise that had as many as 3 layovers and more than 30 hours elapsed time. Insist on what you want!!!

Archived