Solarium Question

I know there isn't much info yet on the Solarium, but I have a question that someone with experience on other RCI ships with "adult only" areas might have an idea about. We will be 4 adults & a 6 mo. old baby traveling together, & are wondering whether the baby would be permitted to be carried into the Solarium by one of us, looking for the others? The baby wouldn't stay in the area. I know nobody wants the noise of a baby in there...but just wondering how it would be handled.

Yes, I'm sure it would be ok. Many solariums are behind public areas and people walk through them all the time to get to other areas. Adult only mean that kids can not stay, but walking through or looking for a travel mate would not be a problem. They don't employ security to stand at the doors to keep people out.

Do not worry about this too much, there is not security on the access areas to the solarium, the idea of the Adult areas is to ensure that the pool is not full of young children. as they also have their own areas. Anyone that complained about another passenger wandering in to look for family members, would be very unreasonable, and I hope in fairness you would not spend time in the solarium if the baby was screaming at the time. Enjoy you cruise

I know there isn't much info yet on the Solarium, but I have a question that someone with experience on other RCI ships with "adult only" areas might have an idea about. We will be 4 adults & a 6 mo. old baby traveling together, & are wondering whether the baby would be permitted to be carried into the Solarium by one of us, looking for the others? The baby wouldn't stay in the area. I know nobody wants the noise of a baby in there...but just wondering how it would be handled.

I cant imagine that anybody would or should make a complaint about that.

My grandchildren come in to tell me where they are going and no one has ever complained. In fact one couple thought that it was good (I use a scooter as I can not walk far). They just say they are going to H2O zone or kids club. They both know that they are to be polite and not stay there or to go into the pool/hot tubs. Yes they are older (5 &9 at the time) but they know the rule.

I had an incident once where a woman brought her 9 yr old into the cavalier whirlpool and I told her no. She was mad at me and got a Security guy who told her that he was not allowed she said that she pd big money for a suite and should be allowed. "Sorry mama this is adults only. Look around not one other child here."

Archived