Tour company beijing

sjdnv

HI, Has anyone used or heard of ChinaLandscape tours, we are looking for 3 day post cruise tour any recomendations?, Last year we used private tours in Egypt , Greece, Turkey that were recommended on the cc boards

and had an amazing time any recommendations would be appreciated thanks.

HI, Has anyone used or heard of ChinaLandscape tours, we are looking for 3 day post cruise tour any recomendations?, Last year we used private tours in Egypt , Greece, Turkey that were recommended on the cc boards

and had an amazing time any recommendations would be appreciated thanks.

A lot of people on these boards have recommended China Highlights so we plan to use them for Bejing. I can't give personal feedback yet though. They do have a toll free number and have phoned me from China and are a persistent (which can be good) because they do require payment upfront even on a day tour. I haven't paid them yet because we don't have confirmation on where we are staying and it changes the price (airport or downtown pick-up). I have been used to cash that day in Europe the past two years but will pay them when I can confirm my pick-up location.

We used Beijing Service for private trips in Beijing and Shanghai and were very pleased with both tours.

The Beijing reservation included pick-up from the airport, 2 tours (Summer Palace, Hutong area, Forbidden City) and transfer to the port; the Shanghai tour was a day trip to Zhouzhiang water town, which was excellent.

I would not hesitate in recommending this company and Tracey to make the arrangements. We often take private tours when cruising, and was not disappointed, though driving skills in China leave a lot to be desired, irrespective of who you book with!!!

You will love Beijing, it exceeded my expectations - as did Shanghai.

http://www.beijingservice.com

Email: tracy@beijingservice.com

Telephone: 0086-10-59792071 Fax: 0086-10-51667036.

Linda

Meant to add that I gave a credit card as guarantee and paid in cash $USD at the end of the tours. I do not have all the correspondence now, but am fairly sure I did not give any deposit...

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from Beijing for a three day pre-cruise visit. We wanted to utilize our time so I made up an itinerary and sent it to this company for a price. Unable to find references, I was very concerned that this may not be a reputable company. I took a chance, and was very, very pleased. Our guide greeted us at the hotel lobby who was a young lady named, Daphne. She was very knowledgable about Chinese history and spoke fluent English. We were able to alter our schedule as the first day as the weather was beautiful and we wanted to go to the Great Wall when the weather was good. She was very accomodating and made the change as well as add a shopping stop on the last day at a local market.

This is a large tour company and I can't speak for the other guides, but ask for my friend, Daphne, and you will be pleased. The contact information is listed below. They will require a deposit (by credit card) and the balance can be paid in advance on the first day. Rates will vary depending on the number of persons. Our tour was for 4 people.

Sales Manager

Tel: 86 10 67160201 ext 1022

Fax: 86 10 67160150

Emergency Call ( Mobile ): 0086 13811234167

www.tour-beijing.com

beijingchina@tour-beijing.com

Day 1

Pick up from your hotel at 8:30 am. Today's highlight is your visit to Tian An Men Square, the world largest. Then move on to the Imperial Palace. also known as the "Forbidden City". After lunch, visit the Summer Palace, one of China's largest imperial garden. Fresh-water pearl market for a good bargain not to be missed. If you want to take the Cruise, our guide will help you to get the tickets. In the evening, see the Acrobatic Show. Back to your hotel. (L)

Tour Cost: USD 60

Day 2

Pick up at your hotel around 8:00am. First head to to Mutianyu Great Wall, which takes about one hour. The Mutianyu Great Wall is known for its beautiful surroundings - dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of the year. After lunch, continue to drive to the Temple of Heaven, the place where the Emperors prayed for peace and harvest. After the tour, enjoy your Peking duck dinnner and then transferred back to your hotel in Beijing. (L D)

Tour Cost: USD 75

Day 3

Pick-up service is available at your hotel. Start your trip with Lama Temple ( Yonghe Temple ). It is a temple and monastery of the Geluk School of Tibetan Buddhism. Lama Temple is one of the largest and most important Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in the world. Then take rickshaw going around the deep Hutong in Shichahai area, visiting an ordinary family in a courtyard and Drum Tower. Ascend the drum tower and have a bird's eye view of the old Beijing - Shichahai area. After lunch, having the outside visits of National Stadium-Bird's Nest and water cube where both Usain Bolt of Jamaica and Michael Phelps of America make the history. Then ahead to a local shops. Back to your hotel. (L)

Tour Cost: USD 60

I have been working with China Highlights for pre and post tour and they have been wonderful-timely, efficient, and comprehensive and competitively-priced tour. I highly recommend them.

They want payment upfront.

I didn't want to pay 6 months in advance but let them know I would do so 30 days in advance.

I am not sure how you can highly recommend anyone you have not used yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We just returned from a HAL cruise to Japan, China. In Beijing and Shanghai (and Suzhou), we used Beijing Service for a 2-day overnight in Beijing and 2 days in Shanghai. Tansy and her team were from start to finish... GREAT.

The tour guides are intelligent and personable. The itineraries are customizable. You can pay when you take the tour but must have a credit to reserve.

Why am I so enthusiastic? Because I lost my passport (misplaced) - my mistake. In order to stay overnight in Beijing, you have to have a passsport. Our guide took us to police stations by taxi to get an official OK to stay overnight. He made arrangements with Tansy to make sure we could stay to get to the US embassy on Monday, this was Fri night.

I found my passport the next morning. You don't want to be in China without someone you can rely on! If you can't speak the language to even call a taxi. I can vouch for Beijing Service as a very reliable company. As well as providing great tours.

We just got off the Diamond Princess Nov 6 in Beijing. When I priced with a lot of tour companies the prices seemed high. I took a chance on someone I learned about from tripadvisor and he was wonderful. His name is Victor and although I told him that we would get off the ship at 7:30am he arrived early. Good thiing. We were off at 7:10am and there was Victor holding a sign. His english was excellent, and his car was very nice. He took us as planned to the Great Wall Mutianyu and later to the Olympic sites, birds nest and water cube. Be there when it turns dark, the lights on the buildings are something to see. Victor is very knowledgable and was terrific. He was at our hotel at 7am day 2 to take us to see the exercises at the Temple of Heavan. Amongst the Forbidden City, Tinnamen, Summer Palace, he took us to "cultural street" which was amazing, confusius temple, "hutongs". While stuck in traffic, his knowledge gave us so much insight on life in Beijing, the people and culture. We even used him an extra day. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. Very trustworthy. When we hired him the extra day, we offered a price and he told us it was too much!!! Contact him at chinapeace88@sina.com tell him the Gunters sent you:)

All I can say is boy were you lucky. We were on the same cruise - a group of 6 who were picked up at 8 am (tour guide was late because of smog and traffic - we were supposed to be picked up at 7:30 am). You must have just missed the road closings because when we got to the interstate they had closed it - we went to another one and that was closed - we spent 7 hours riding in a van trying to get to Beijing. By the time we got there, it 4:15 and too late to go to the wall. We did not see anything but were taken to our hotel. The whole cruise was wonderful but getting to Beijing was a nightmare.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from a cruise plus add on to Beijing, and completely agree with Apalmeto abut Tour-Beijing.com aka Xinhua International Tours. Daphne (tour guide) and Mr Duan (driver) looked after us for 4 days on our private car tour of Beijing. We were treated like VIPS all the way. :):)

• 7 months later...

Recently returned from our 19 day custom China tour with China Highlights. The itinerary was great, guides wonderful and flexible, and every last detail was addressed. I am a travel agent who has traveled extensively and this vacation far exceeded any expectaions. One of our best trips ever thanks to China Highlights.

I agree with cs91. we did a 7 day Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai tour with China Highlights in March 2010 and they arranged everything. Flights, transfers, hotels, meals, entrance tickets. Very professional and reliable. Wouldn't hesitate recommended them and they were recommended to us by past clients on Cruise Critic and I think Trip advisor.

We put down a 10% deposit and the balance was due 30 days out.

Archived