Group Discounts on Carnival

BRC

Group discounts are still going to be close to the early saver prices. Unless you really want a group these days, its often just as good of a deal to book early saver on your own.

When you add in the OBC you get as a group, often brings the group price within about $20 pp of the ES price. give or take $20, can be more of less, sometimes no savings.

We originally had a group rate for our next cruise, but we switched to the early saver and saved about $60 per person. The main difference is that your deposit is non-refundable with the ES rate.

The group rate was refundable? Anyone know how many is a "group" according to Carnival?

Once you hit 8 cabins one berth is "free". Either the group coordinator gets it or the amount can be divided up among the group.

a berth = 1 person? or one room?

Does the whole group get the $75-$100 OBC?

One berth of the most booked cabin category. If its OV at $539, then you subtract port charges (non commisionable charges) from the cruise rate, so only about $480 on one OV fare would be given to the group leader.

The OBC is only one of the perks the group leader can pick. Our group leader picked a free 1 hour cocktail party intead of OBC.

If you book the group fare (which is more than ES rates) then you would get the perk the group leader chooses.

There's also an all you drink option!

EVERYone on the booking must buy this- (last i heard it was 50.00 per person per day-- or 750.00 per couple for the week) but all must purchase it--

depends on the points-- not all sailing are created equal- some get more amenties then others-- and the more cabins youget booked the more perks you get.

Please be aware that the berth is for cruise fare only inky the category cabins that you sold the most cabins. and most times the price is rebated in a check 6-8 weeks AFTER the cruise.

depends on the points-- not all sailing are created equal- some get more amenties then others-- and the more cabins youget booked the more perks you get.

Please be aware that the berth is for cruise fare only inky the category cabins that you sold the most cabins. and most times the price is rebated in a check 6-8 weeks AFTER the cruise.

There were 275 Crazies, and all they got was the OBC, and next Crazies too just told they only get $75 OBC, so its also the time of year I think, if rates are low, then they may have fewer amenities, not just how many cabins you booked, as if thats all it was, they would have gotten a free cocktail party instead of having to pay for it.

Whats the rules? Know of any tips ?Tricks? Secrets? Inquiring minds want to know.

All the replies have good information here, but not all group cruises offer amenities. We had a group (12 cabins) on the Freedom in April and did not get any extra - just our group price - no OBC, no coupons, nothing. It depends on the sailing.

From what I've seen the Early Saver rate is a great price.

Anyway, good luck getting a great price and have fun.

All the replies have good information here, but not all group cruises offer amenities. We had a group (12 cabins) on the Freedom in April and did not get any extra - just our group price - no OBC, no coupons, nothing. It depends on the sailing.

From what I've seen the Early Saver rate is a great price.

Anyway, good luck getting a great price and have fun.

so the early saver is defintely a better rate and if you are not going to get perks or OBC then why not just do the early saver?

I also want to add-- that the group rate does not allow for any other discounts.- Last group we did the price came down to below what we paid- if we accepted the lower rate we lose our amenities.

ES rate was the way for us to go for our upcoming cruise on the Freedom-

Cruise came down twice and since we got the ES rate the new rate ws available to us both times.

so the early saver is defintely a better rate and if you are not going to get perks or OBC then why not just do the early saver?

I was in this position on Crazies Too today. No perks for the cabin I wanted to book, so ES seemed like the way to go, since the group price for a cabin I didnt want wouldnt have saved me a dime.

Group prices arent very good since early saver came out :(

Archived