Phone chargers on Fred Olsen

oldsilverfox

We've just come off a short cruise on the Boudicca.

I was sure that I had read somewhere that she was fitted with 110v X USA mains sockets so I thought that I had been a clever dickie when I took my Nokia charger with the two flat prongs to suit a standard US wall outlet.

Amazed to find everything BUT the above, i.e. a UK 13 Amp socket plus two or three(continental ???) two round pin sockets e.g. supplying the kettle.

Fortunately the kind folk at Reception lent me a converter that fitted both of the above to tide me over so problem temporarily solved.

Our next cruise is on the Balmoral in the original unstretched section. Has she got the same sockets ?? If so what are these male x two round pin outlets, e.g. that they are using, as I will buy the correct plug beforehand.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Regards

Oldsilverfox.

The voltage on "Balmoral" is 220 volts. A European 2-pin socket is required. See the FOCL brochure (2009/2010) page 208.

If you cruise regularly you might consider acquiring on of the fittings that can be used in Europe, USA and world wide.

I am sure you will enjoy the "Balmoral".

Hi Parsman,

Thank you for your help. Can you recall whether Balmoral also has the single UK 13A socket above the desk ??

BTW just in case any Cruise Critic members are sniffy about why I am using a mobile phone whilst I am supposed to be enjoying mself on a cruise, I would mention that ;

a) It makes an excellent back-up camera and

b) My forthcoming cruise on the Balmoral is for a very long time.

Regards

Oldsilverfox.

Archived